General Question My bully is really a shark

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
So I just noticed that Fergus has 2 teethes growing behind his baby teeth like a shark. Is that common? The location is the 2 front bottom. I tried to take a picture but I got tired of my hand being used as a chew toy. Will the baby teeth eventually fall out? or should I take him to the vet to get pulled? I will keep trying to get a picture :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's common and the baby teeth will fall out, I have always saved the baby teeth in a little container. kinda weird, I know. LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, very common for Bulldogs

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Thanks Sherry & 2Bullymama for responding. Thank goodness its hard enough dealing with his insane teething was dreading having to deal with 2 rows of them :eek:. Thank goodness for this forum. He is getting the cutest underbite. I am hoping his bottom adult fangs will poke out :D

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma had a double set on the top and bottom. We call her shark tooth and when she gets ahold of Jack our pitty she gets him good. Poor guy always has scabs on him in the shape of a razor blade. :eek: Her vet pulled one out just or room the be rest stayed where they are. I have some pics that'll I post tomorrow.

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Emma had a double set on the top and bottom. We call her shark tooth and when she gets ahold of Jack our pitty she gets him good. Poor guy always has scabs on him in the shape of a razor blade. :eek: Her vet pulled one out just or room the be rest stayed where they are. I have some pics that'll I post tomorrow.

LOL that is crazy your poor pitty... I should just rename Fergus Jaws. Seriously the name fits him perfectly... I am praying he doesnt get a upper set my poor lab will have a nervous breakdown :scared:. Cant wait to see the pictures :D

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
I went thru this with Ike. its normal. you will be so happy when those baby teeth come out. my arm has healed up nicely !:D

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh wow I feel so much better now.. I knew bullies had messed up teethes but not that bad lol some of the pictures were scary :eek: Fergus's teeth looks just like Emma's good to know its normal :D

I thought Wilson had messed up teeth until Emma's came in. Here's really messed up, lol. Her vet said that as long as they're eating just fine and they're not bothered than to leave them in. When she was spayed he removed just 1 top one for room. But he left the others. Her top has the 2 extras and the bottom as you can see are just set back a bit more.

Here's what she does to Jack. Poor guy. She gives him a run for his $$ though, she's lightening fast and low to the ground so when they're running and playing and she gets ahold of him it's bad news for him. :laugh:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 119
OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
I thought Wilson had messed up teeth until Emma's came in. Here's really messed up, lol. Her vet said that as long as they're eating just fine and they're not bothered than to leave them in. When she was spayed he removed just 1 top one for room. But he left the others. Her top has the 2 extras and the bottom as you can see are just set back a bit more.

Here's what she does to Jack. Poor guy. She gives him a run for his $$ though, she's lightening fast and low to the ground so when they're running and playing and she gets ahold of him it's bad news for him. :laugh:

View attachment 38555

View attachment 38554

Jack is so handsome.. But oh my goodness he does looks like he was attacked by a razor. Eek Emma looks so sweet lol and innocent cant believe she could do that :eek:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack is so handsome.. But oh my goodness he does looks like he was attacked by a razor. Eek Emma looks so sweet lol and innocent cant believe she could do that :eek:

That's nothing, you should see what she does to his side if she gets ahold of him when he's running by - he usually has the double razor marks on him then. Jack has very thin hair and of course he's white too so you see all. She's far from sweet and innocent too, lol. She rules the roost now. :up:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8050]Ashleym[/MENTION] I took these 2 pics tonight of Emma's top teeth. There was 2 where the one that is set back is. That's about as focused as it gets, she's not too cooperative. :hmm:

057F3F66-6955-4FA7-9A94-D3FE4DF3BD8D-5714-0000038E4166BFFC_zpse353412f.jpg

0953738E-C48D-49C2-AD37-13149451D02C-5714-0000038E39CA364B_zpsb85d6678.jpg

OP
Ashleym

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
LOL its like Piranha teeth... Its a good thing Emma and Fergus is so darn cute! Makes up for the double rows of teeth:bigeyes:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL its like Piranha teeth... Its a good thing Emma and Fergus is so darn cute! Makes up for the double rows of teeth:bigeyes:

I think it makes he look unique. Plus now we can really say, "you got some jacked up teeth there Emma" and mean it. :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.