Help Needed! Bloody mess

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
Ok have a question? Here's Hope's symptoms. Clear(normal) urine, eats fine, drooling one big loogy (she only is slobbery after drinking water) back end is a bit stiff, when laying down mucos colored blood will drip but then starts to flow out.... And them turns into a puddle of mucos blood. Oh and she smells funky kinda foul...It does stop seems to only happen when she lays down I've only seen small drops when she walks around, but not much or very little when she sleeps... Any ideas on what this is or could be. I'm calling the vet tomorrow but thought I could get some input before hand... This started end of last week.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Ok have a question? Here's Hope's symptoms. Clear(normal) urine, eats fine, drooling one big loogy (she only is slobbery after drinking water) back end is a bit stiff, when laying down mucos colored blood will drip but then starts to flow out.... And them turns into a puddle of mucos blood. Oh and she smells funky kinda foul...It does stop seems to only happen when she lays down I've only seen small drops when she walks around, but not much or very little when she sleeps... Any ideas on what this is or could be. I'm calling the vet tomorrow but thought I could get some input before hand... This started end of last week.

Blood is never good mate, I d be straight down the vets as soon as they open.
Hope all is well

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Sorry your pup is not doing well. Where is the blood coming from? If its from her lady bits its her monthly bleed if you know what I mean and they have a fishy smell :whistle:. There is doggy pads/diapers for that time of month for girl dogs. Thats why I have 2 boys :yes:. I am sure someone who has more knowledge will be able to give you more answers. Hopefully this is the problem and not something else

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
How old is she, because she could be in heat.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if she is not spayed could be in heat. if she is spayed already id go to the vets.

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How old is she, because she could be in heat.
She is about 7yrs. I've seen her in her heat cycle she would only have maybe quarter sized drops of blood, but this is like soaks thru a towel puddles of blood.

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh.. She is not spayed but my boys are fixed so luckily I have no worries of mating. I did notice her gums now are a bit pale. My mom said she could be dehydrated but she has a 5 gallon bucket of water avail all times... I'm callin the vet tomorrow so if need be my hubby can take her in... Does anyone know if these are signs of either cancer or maybe death.... ( my mom gave me those as her ideas)

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Yah being she is 7 yrs I would definitely take her to the vets. Think positive thoughts don't listen to your mother... I never listen to mine she is doom and gloom... Sending positive thoughts and :hug: keep us updated on what the vet says.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dont think its signs of either but im no expert but i think a vet visit is in order if she is bleeding more than usual. is it time for her cycle should be every 6 months and being that old without being spayed i can tell you things can come up. see if they can get her in tomorrow or soon. hope all is ok. maybe someone else will come along who knows more.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I was going to suggest a heat cycle too, but if its not that, then she could have a bladder infection. I would take her to the vet either way just to be sure and for peace of mind. Sending positive thoughts, hugs and love that it's nothing serious. Don't let your moms thoughts worry you, take her to the vet and find out, could just be a bladder infection, and she needs antibiotics. Please keep us posted, and feel better Hope.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=5053]lakermarie[/MENTION], since she is that old and still has not been spayed, get her to the vet ASAP. She could have Pyometra which is life treating. It is an infection of the uterus and she should have an emergency spay performed.

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well made the hardest decision of my life... Decided it was best to place Hope to rest today. She was the best Bully ever she truly was a Angel sent from God who changed my whole life for the better. She was my first stray my first rescue and may I rescue many more on her behalf.. May she run free have all bones to chew on sleep on the softest bed she deserves and make friends with all the other doggies in heaven....

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
awwwww. hug i am so sorry for your loss.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
WTH???? [MENTION=5053]lakermarie[/MENTION] What was wrong with her? Did she have Pyometra? If so was it too late to spay her? Because usually spaying them and antibiotics is all they need. So sorry for your loss, I know it was a hard decision to make. May she rest in peace.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online