Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Wayne, I'm so sorry you and your wife are going through this with Bella. I agree with all the excellent advice from everyone above. I can somewhat understand what you are going through as my female Blossom is also allergic to chicken, salmon, grains and corn. We switched foods 4 times before we found Fromms Beef Frittata, and she is doing great on this food. I also started home cooking half their meals. I give 1 cup of Fromms in the morning, and 1 cup of home cooked in the evening. Home cooked is not expensive at all. I use about 4 lbs of ground beef, 1 bag of mixed California frozen vegetable, green beans, and 2 cups of cooked rice. I brown the beef in water, add the veggies, and then the cooked rice, and divide it into 1 cup servings, I get 12 cups of food, and so this does my two for 6 days. I also give supplements which help such as apple cider vinegar in their drinking water, and plain unsweetened yogurt in their food once a day or every other day. You can get a lot of relief for her paws by mixing Apple cider vinegar with water and some Epsom salts, and soaking her paws, this will also kill the yeast naturally. Good luck in finding a food she can tolerate, and I'm glad your vet will work with you for a solution as well. Hang in there you'll find something that works for you soon. Sending hugs and prayers to you and Bella. Feel better soon Bella. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

OP
Wayne Sorensen

Wayne Sorensen

Jan 18, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Peter, thanks for the advice I will certainly accept it. With Bella she must have never been fed table food, she never takes interest in the family eating or the wife cooking, hell she doesn't even like to walk on the kitchen tile..lol. So she gets zero table food. She's a rescue we've only had for about 3 months. She and several others were used as breeding machines so i've been told. I have yet to even give her treats other than boiled chicken breast pieces and she hasn't had any of that in a few weeks. She really gets nothing other than her kibble.

Wayne

OP
Wayne Sorensen

Wayne Sorensen

Jan 18, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Awesome advise Viking I plan to try your home cooked recipe starting this weekend in combination with her pure vita bison kibble. I do question the rice in your recipe, is this ok for my situation? I'm scared to death to use anything grain like. I would imagine 4lbs of ground beef and a bag of frozen vegetables is pretty inexpensive and it would last her a couple weeks as she eats 1 cup twice a day.

Wayne

Members online

No members online now.