General Question Fish Oil - How quick have you seen results?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Maybe I'm crazy and it's just all in my head. I started Saturday night with the fish oil pills. I swear within 1 hour of taking that pill (after the puke and drool episode) he was hyper and had a spring in his step (and humping Lilly, which is usually the other way around). So since Saturday he's been a little bit more perky and little spunk in him. Am I crazy? It can't be having an effect that fast...??? He had some red bumps inside his hind legs before and those seem like they're going away, also his ears don't seem so bad...his paws seem a little red, but that could be from the snow! I don't know....could it be helping already? It's only been 3 pills

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We give Bacon straight oil in his food, not pills, and it took a few days before we saw a difference in his coat. It didn't have any affect on his personality he was already hyper 9 month old at the time.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I'm so hoping I'm not crazy and that its making a difference.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If it's making you feel good about him feeling good, you definitely are not crazy.

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Hey just had to let everyone know that within a week Bruin's fur was growing back where he had some patches of hair loss on his back at the top of his shoulders. I can't believe it! :happydance: He was licking his paws, so I was really hoping that it wasn't a situation where it was working but he was allergic to it....but I haven't seen him lick his paws since early last week.

BrooklynStar

Feb 21, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I think this is all contextual and how your bully will react to it. When my boy was on fish oil, after several months I never noticed any difference whatsoever. I was also using high quality Norweigian fish oil that came in a metal canister which is the trusted of way storing fish oil besides in gel tablet form. The exact name on the product on Amazon is Iceland Pure Unscented Pharmaceutical Grade Salmon Oil For Dogs and Cats.Bottle Size 17oz I did notice a big difference when I started giving him Bragg's Raw Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Started him with 1 table spoon a day sprinkled over his breakfast and slowly worked my way up to 2 table spoons a day (1 in the AM and 1 in the PM). This produced a huge difference for my guy, especially with his smelly urine. His urine smelled so bad and acidic that I actually thought my nose hairs were going to melt off. However, after a week of using it his urine no longer smells and is not nearly as bright yellow as it used to be. See what works for you.

*Edit* Read your first post without reading you update - glad to hear its working well for you!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.