Thread: Fish Oil - How quick have you seen results?

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Default Fish Oil - How quick have you seen results?

Maybe I'm crazy and it's just all in my head. I started Saturday night with the fish oil pills. I swear within 1 hour of taking that pill (after the puke and drool episode) he was hyper and had a spring in his step (and humping Lilly, which is usually the other way around). So since Saturday he's been a little bit more perky and little spunk in him. Am I crazy? It can't be having an effect that fast...??? He had some red bumps inside his hind legs before and those seem like they're going away, also his ears don't seem so bad...his paws seem a little red, but that could be from the snow! I don't know....could it be helping already? It's only been 3 pills
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Fish Oil - How quick have you seen results?

We give Bacon straight oil in his food, not pills, and it took a few days before we saw a difference in his coat. It didn't have any affect on his personality he was already hyper 9 month old at the time.

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

I'm so hoping I'm not crazy and that its making a difference.
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

If it's making you feel good about him feeling good, you definitely are not crazy.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    If it's making you feel good about him feeling good, you definitely are not crazy.
    Very true! Good vibes always help

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Hey just had to let everyone know that within a week Bruin's fur was growing back where he had some patches of hair loss on his back at the top of his shoulders. I can't believe it! He was licking his paws, so I was really hoping that it wasn't a situation where it was working but he was allergic to it....but I haven't seen him lick his paws since early last week.

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member BrooklynStar's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think this is all contextual and how your bully will react to it. When my boy was on fish oil, after several months I never noticed any difference whatsoever. I was also using high quality Norweigian fish oil that came in a metal canister which is the trusted of way storing fish oil besides in gel tablet form. The exact name on the product on Amazon is Iceland Pure Unscented Pharmaceutical Grade Salmon Oil For Dogs and Cats.Bottle Size 17oz I did notice a big difference when I started giving him Bragg's Raw Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Started him with 1 table spoon a day sprinkled over his breakfast and slowly worked my way up to 2 table spoons a day (1 in the AM and 1 in the PM). This produced a huge difference for my guy, especially with his smelly urine. His urine smelled so bad and acidic that I actually thought my nose hairs were going to melt off. However, after a week of using it his urine no longer smells and is not nearly as bright yellow as it used to be. See what works for you.

*Edit* Read your first post without reading you update - glad to hear its working well for you!

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I know a great holistic vet who swears by omega 3 oil for dogs. So great that's working for you!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Remove Ads