Help Needed! Food allergy?

sherden24

Nov 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gumbo
I'm so confused. We just switched Gumbo over to Fromms from Royal Canin and she LOVES the food. She is now though having a lot of runny eyes and her paws are red again. We have been doing Fromms for less than a week. We also have been having a lot of hot and cold and hot seasons ago so I'm not sure what is going on. No new foods really other than the pumpkin the last two days. I'm just not sure if its food or allergies. I'm so confused! I just noticed that she also has a very strong dirty dog smell. Not yeasty, almost like sweaty dog but she has not been abnormally hot.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Our pups breeder had him on Royal Canine and he was stinky, red paws, red chin and yeasty ears. We did do a slow switch to Fromm Puppy and he smells 100% better and his skin is no longer pink and poop looks like tootsie rolls. It did take a few weeks to get to that point. I would give it at least 4 weeks if it doesnt get better maybe a different protein might be better for Gumbo. BTW I love her picture and name :drawheart:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Which FROMM do you have him on? Some bullies are allergic to certain ingredients, just have to find the one he is not allergic to, which can be a challenge.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm so confused. We just switched Gumbo over to Fromms from Royal Canin and she LOVES the food. She is now though having a lot of runny eyes and her paws are red again. We have been doing Fromms for less than a week. We also have been having a lot of hot and cold and hot seasons ago so I'm not sure what is going on. No new foods really other than the pumpkin the last two days. I'm just not sure if its food or allergies. I'm so confused! I just noticed that she also has a very strong dirty dog smell. Not yeasty, almost like sweaty dog but she has not been abnormally hot.

Did you do a slow switch? Which Fromm did you switch to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
sherden24

sherden24

Nov 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gumbo
We are doing the beef frittata. She loves it! I tried to do it half but she was not eating the other stuff so she kinda picks through it. She looked much better this morning. I wonder if it was her allergies? Or if that can be contributing to it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are doing the beef frittata. She loves it! I tried to do it half but she was not eating the other stuff so she kinda picks through it. She looked much better this morning. I wonder if it was her allergies? Or if that can be contributing to it.

how is it going?

OP
sherden24

sherden24

Nov 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gumbo
I guess it seems to be fine. She still scarfs it down and is so happy with it. Her eyes look red still but her paws are better. I'm still just not sure....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It takes a little while to see the change from the food. Sometimes it can be overnight, while other times it can take weeks.

With Molly I had only given her 1/4 cup new food 3/4 cup new food and she completely stopped itching the next day, she had a horrible skin infection, and had been on meds for 3 weeks with no improvement. I stopped giving them to her immediately because I knew the food was working. In two weeks her tear stains and stained paws were gone. I was shocked. Then again I was feeding really bad crap food. Like one of the worst (Iams)

But it took time to see a difference in coat and overall energy with my other bullies, but then again they did not have a skin infection so maybe that is why.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
just give it more time. see where she is in like a week or so.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.