Other Weak back legs Question

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
No not at all, just kind of drags his back feet. You got me thinking, I am going to call the vet and have hip x-rays done. I had a Dobie in my past life that also had hip problems, didn't act like Vegas, more like arthritus hard to get up and down. As I said, Vegas when he wants to can do the "Fred Flinstone" run all over our tile floor when excited, lol. Just at other times he drags them back feet.

:) I didn't want to set off any alarms, but I thought I would offer my 2 cents. I hope he comes back fine!
It may just be his walk, the bully shuffle. :)
THe Bully Shuffle! that's awesome..

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dunno kelly i think id get this checked further with an xray or something. sarah jumps on the couch from her back legs so this is so funny to hear of a bully dragging themselves up. :) anyway what you are saying plus the anal gland thing makes me wonder if something maybe going on back there. you could put vegas on a joint med and see if this helps him. just throwing stuff out there for ya.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver pulls himself up onto the couch using the extended foot rest the same way! Head up towards the ceiling and everything. But, Oliver does have a bad hip on left side and knee problem on the right side in the back. So sad because he's only two and my vet said you shouldn't see this type of a problem in a dog so young unless its due to poor breeding. Didn't recommend surgery at this time so he's on a joint supplement, holistic arthritis relief drops, and pain med only when needed.

Picturing Vegas humping while Joe is trying to work, silly boy!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just my opinion, but I think it is a bulldog thing.... Banks is the exact smae way always has been since being full grown - she drags her back paws, per say.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
We r going through something similar with porky, the vets worried about her conformation n that he back end is weak :/ if she doesn't seem to have improved in June (all her booster shots r she then) she will get X-rays, but we have taught her a new trick n it's walking on her back legs lol she still needs our hand for support but I've noticed a huge difference!!! Now she will go to jump on the couch with me n she will overshoot n face plant the back of the couch (before she barely made it on me lol) it's an idea ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.