RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My little pita, fiesty, beautiful and yes sweet too, Voitto is having his sherry eye pocketed on wednesday. We could massage it back until friday, but now it just keeps popping out.
I'm just so worried about the anesthesia, he is only 15 weeks old:cry:So if you can spare a vibe or a prayer I would be so happy.

DSC_0008.jpgDSC_0018.jpgDSC_0024.jpgDSC_0030.jpgDSC_0036.jpgDSC_0037.jpg
Just a pics too to brighten up your day.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sending loads of love and prayers, if you are not comfortable doing it just yet you can wait another month xx as long as its not infected, it won't bother him. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hell, I'd worry too. But I worry about everything "bulldog"; mine or yours. Doesn't matter. They're so important to us. :heart: Be strong, [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]. Your boy needs a confident leader in uncertain times! (like trips to the vet)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
attachment.php

This one is my favorite!

Prayers for a smooth surgery day and quick recovery!

L

Lucy-licious

He'll be just fine...Billy was only very young when he had his op for the ulcer and then his Cherry eye op just 2-3 weeks later x

Hugs for him from his cousins and hugs for you from me too x

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Positive Vibes and Prayers your way! :pray: Those pictures are precious!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Hope all goes well and no reason to think it won't. One thing, I have to remind myself about things like this, not over just bulldog stuff but all sorts of stuff, is that it is as it is. One of the things that add to anxiety and worry is our mistaken belief that we can control all events in life that affect us. We can't its an illusion. He needs the surgery, that's a fact and you are going to provide it for its best for him. the rest is out of your control. That he needs the surgery and the outcome is not in your control. You do what is best and then deal with whatever comes. May all be well.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
aww. he will do great, don't worry. take advantage of the anesthesia and have the vet check for elongated palette while he's under.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Poor little guy :(.
Good vibes incoming, but I bet he'll be fine. :yes:

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
:pray: He'll do great! I'd be worried too. I worry about everything!! Just try to think about how many bulldogs go through this same surgery and they come out fine.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
He will be fine Mom. Thinking of you all with prayers.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm sure he will be fine so I'm sending YOU positive energy and comfort. I think you might need it more :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... what a great picture!! Almost like he is saying, "ehat, but I'm just playing!' Prayers and positive thoguhts for you both..... :hug:

attachment.php

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, sending all the positive vibes in me, and lots of prayers for your little guy. As Lisa said, you can wait until he's a little older if you don't feel comfortable. My Blossom developed cherry eye when she was 5 months old, and I opted to wait until her spay operation to do both surgeries at the same time. Are you planning to neuter Viotto? Also what happened to Blossom is that her left eye developed cherry eye a week after her spay and cherry eye surgery, so a month later she had to have a second surgery to fix the second eye. In a lot of cases the other eye will come out within a few months after the first one comes out. The cost of the first two surgeries of spay and cherry eye together was $850 , and the cost of the second surgery for just the cherry eye was $980, as we had to put her under anesthetic again, and the IV fluids, and medications, where when she had the spay surgery, she was already under so it's considered a secondary surgery so, is cheaper. So there are advantages to waiting such as doing all surgeries at once and avoiding having to be put under anesthetic more than once, the risk of the other eye coming out, and the cost of multiple surgeries. There is no right or wrong answer, it's a decision you make with your vet and what you're comfortable with. Good luck in what ever your decision is and if you go ahead with the early surgery, he will be fine. Keep us posted on how he does.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online