Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We will be thinking of him, I'm sure he will be fine. Loved the pics and he is too cute. Looks like he and Usko are getting along fabulously.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Awe... Great pics! Hoping everything goes well weds! Is the a reason you don't wanna wait if you r nervous? Dunno if age makes a diff in surgery etc?

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Loved the pics! He will be fine! I am sending prayers!

Petunia had the same thing...Cherry eye developed at 5 weeks old and I had it removed when she was 4-months old. I was nervous too but she did marvelously.

Kisses to your sweet boy! Let us know how it turned out!

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I of course need them more than Voitto...I'm a wreck. I just went by the vets to get some eye drops for Voitto and asked for some sedatives for myself, but sadly didn't get any....I'm going through the surgery now bc of recommendations from the breeder and the vet. It is very red and irritated and the conjunctiva can get abraded in the worst case. Oh no, don't remind me of the worst case....
Voitto's sire is an international champion, so we are again hoping to get some offspring. This sherry eye was ofcourse a huge setback, but if he grows to be otherwise healthy and like his father he still can be mated to bitch with healthy eyes.

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Prayers and positive thoughts for a full and speedy recovery.

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] Bulldog kisses and prayers for Voitto. He is so beautiful and as always, your photos are the best!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Tubby had his cherry eye pocketed last Tuesday. He is 16 weeks and also has a level 4 out of 6 heart murmur. He has VSD ventricular septal defect. He did amazing during surgery no problems with anesthia (sp?) and I swear he came back with more energy then he went in with! So I know the stress you're going through its a lot to deal with but I know sweet Voitto will do amazing during surgery and come out a healthy and happy pup!!

Just heads up though it will look bad when you first get him but it heals up pretty quickly! Nobody told me he'd look a little worse for wear so I wasn't prepared for that and was ready to start kicking some vets butts! lol

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Miss Tallulah and I send our loving energy and best wishes to you and Viotto. Many of us have gone through the anxiety of facimg surgery and we are always scared but we have to trust that it will be OK. I really love the pics! They look so settled in and content with each other. My prayers are with you both. Let us know how everything goes.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Aww I tweaked to but he will be ok most vets prefer anesthesia but a skilled vet can actually do the procedure with a mild sedative and local anesthetic it's really not invasive n they recover sooooo fast :) best of luck n porky n I send u hugs n kisses :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I so understand and nothing we say will ease your worry other than knowing
we got your back & stand with you. Keeping y'all in prayer & sending love!
:angelheart:

Most Reactions