Hi, sending all the positive vibes in me, and lots of prayers for your little guy. As Lisa said, you can wait until he's a little older if you don't feel comfortable. My Blossom developed cherry eye when she was 5 months old, and I opted to wait until her spay operation to do both surgeries at the same time. Are you planning to neuter Viotto? Also what happened to Blossom is that her left eye developed cherry eye a week after her spay and cherry eye surgery, so a month later she had to have a second surgery to fix the second eye. In a lot of cases the other eye will come out within a few months after the first one comes out. The cost of the first two surgeries of spay and cherry eye together was $850 , and the cost of the second surgery for just the cherry eye was $980, as we had to put her under anesthetic again, and the IV fluids, and medications, where when she had the spay surgery, she was already under so it's considered a secondary surgery so, is cheaper. So there are advantages to waiting such as doing all surgeries at once and avoiding having to be put under anesthetic more than once, the risk of the other eye coming out, and the cost of multiple surgeries. There is no right or wrong answer, it's a decision you make with your vet and what you're comfortable with. Good luck in what ever your decision is and if you go ahead with the early surgery, he will be fine. Keep us posted on how he does.