URGENT!!! Sore on toe!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella's just popped up today. I had epson salt, but think I have gotten rid of it, I can't find it. Darn it. Will pick some up today, however not sure how I will keep her from chewing on it.

OP
TonkaTruck28

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Bella's just popped up today. I had epson salt, but think I have gotten rid of it, I can't find it. Darn it. Will pick some up today, however not sure how I will keep her from chewing on it.

We tried socks. He ripped them off. Socks with suspenders, ripped them off. Boots, off, blow up ( but durable) cone, popped and eaten. Regular cone, chewed and eaten. No good ideas here for that... He just redirected him when we saw it happening and hoped he just slept when we were at work and it eventually healed....wish I could be of more help. Maybe socks and duct tape!? Lol

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
It is an interdigital cyst. They get them from an ingrown hair gets in there or a sticker or something like that. They are very painful for your dog. Soaking like has been mentioned in epsom salts 4 times a day for 10 minutes.You are trying to get what ever is stuck in there to come to the surface. After a 10 minute soak dry it off and cover it with Preperation H. After a few days you may be able to take some tweezers and looking at the bottom of the cyst be able to see the foreign object. Pull it out but DO NOT SQUEEZE the cyst!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.