URGENT!!! Sore on toe!!

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka was licking his foot and I noticed this!!! Its obviously bugging him, any ideas as to what it is or what to do for it!? Thank you!

u7a5udy7.jpg

8y3upaze.jpg

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus had something similar..It wasnt that big and not as red! I was cleaning 2-3 times a day with peroxide and then using animax ointment on it...cleared up within 3 days! I have no clue what it was but I think it was related to the treats hubby was giving him Grrrrrr

Others will be by with more advice...Animax ointment works wonders for our bullies on just about anything

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I've tried soaking in the tub with half water, half Betadine solution. Soak for about 5-10 minutes. From then on, always keep them clean & dry.

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

OP
TonkaTruck28

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Brutus had something similar..It wasnt that big and not as red! I was cleaning 2-3 times a day with peroxide and then using animax ointment on it...cleared up within 3 days! I have no clue what it was but I think it was related to the treats hubby was giving him Grrrrrr

Others will be by with more advice...Animax ointment works wonders for our bullies on just about anything

What is animax and where can I get it?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Its an ointment used for minor cuts, scrapes, etc I have used it for a number of things. You can get it at your vets office :) You can also ask if they have panalog its the same thing but generic

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'd just clean it with Hydrogen Peroxide and put some Neosporin on it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I wonder if that is an interdigital cyst? Either way it is likely caused by bacteria so your goal will be to kill the bacteria and dry it out. Epsom salt soaks can help with this, looks very painful. If you search the forum for interdigital cyst you will find many other ideas. I think many use listerine too. The gold colored one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ouch... you have all the right advice... keep in mind these are normally due to allergies. Try to keep the paws clean and you might want to think about if you have your bully on the right food

OP
TonkaTruck28

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Right now he is on FROMM surf and turf. Though I think he does better on the beef fritatta. He's had a few different kinds of treats lately though, so I will be more diligent about what kinds he gets for sure! Thanks everyone!

OP
TonkaTruck28

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I just soaked his paws in epsom salts in the bath, dried between his toes and put baby powder between each with some polysporin on the wound. Do you think that will work for now? It is what I have on hand as we are in the middle of a blizzard and all of the roads are closed :(

OP
TonkaTruck28

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
He has had the little cysts between his toes that have gone away with a salt soak or two but this is harder and looks like an open sore that the skin was scraped from (probably from him chewing). I will try to keep it clean and dry and see what happens

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
So what worked? I got jinxed this weekend. Told someone I have never had that issue with my dogs....well tonight Bella was chewing like crazy and yep, there one it.
A couple reasons come to mind. The oak leaves are horrible right now and with the new puppy, we have been spending a lot of time out side playing in them. Also I switched from Fromm Surf and Turf to the Beef Friatta. So who knows.

OP
TonkaTruck28

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Well for cysts, epsom salts work well for us. But this particular sore was oozy and draining and 3 trips to the vet later and a month worth of antiobiotics with epsom salt soaks everyday and just last week it seems to have heeled. Finally!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.