Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sore on toe!!

Dog Park Attendant TonkaTruck28's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

He has had the little cysts between his toes that have gone away with a salt soak or two but this is harder and looks like an open sore that the skin was scraped from (probably from him chewing). I will try to keep it clean and dry and see what happens

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sore on toe!!

So what worked? I got jinxed this weekend. Told someone I have never had that issue with my dogs....well tonight Bella was chewing like crazy and yep, there one it.
    A couple reasons come to mind. The oak leaves are horrible right now and with the new puppy, we have been spending a lot of time out side playing in them. Also I switched from Fromm Surf and Turf to the Beef Friatta. So who knows.

Always with me

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Well for cysts, epsom salts work well for us. But this particular sore was oozy and draining and 3 trips to the vet later and a month worth of antiobiotics with epsom salt soaks everyday and just last week it seems to have heeled. Finally!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Bella's just popped up today. I had epson salt, but think I have gotten rid of it, I can't find it. Darn it. Will pick some up today, however not sure how I will keep her from chewing on it.

Always with me

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    Bella's just popped up today. I had epson salt, but think I have gotten rid of it, I can't find it. Darn it. Will pick some up today, however not sure how I will keep her from chewing on it.
    We tried socks. He ripped them off. Socks with suspenders, ripped them off. Boots, off, blow up ( but durable) cone, popped and eaten. Regular cone, chewed and eaten. No good ideas here for that... He just redirected him when we saw it happening and hoped he just slept when we were at work and it eventually healed....wish I could be of more help. Maybe socks and duct tape!? Lol

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

It is an interdigital cyst. They get them from an ingrown hair gets in there or a sticker or something like that. They are very painful for your dog. Soaking like has been mentioned in epsom salts 4 times a day for 10 minutes.You are trying to get what ever is stuck in there to come to the surface. After a 10 minute soak dry it off and cover it with Preperation H. After a few days you may be able to take some tweezers and looking at the bottom of the cyst be able to see the foreign object. Pull it out but DO NOT SQUEEZE the cyst!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads