Help Needed! Not eating...

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
Gretzky isn't eating his food this morning. That is very unlike him, as he usually gobbles it down pretty fast. He did throw up a little bit of phlegm before we fed him. Is he ok??!

Last edited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Just keep on eye on him and make sure that he drinks. Dogs and bullys do fast sometimes...even the biggest gobblers. If he doesn't drink or doesn't eat the next feeding time you could check his temperature.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He may just have a tummy bug. I hope he is at least drinking water. Hope he feels better tomorrow.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If he doesn't eat by tomorrow I would get him to the vet. Check his temperature too. Any chance he are something he shouldn't have? Any missing socks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
GretzkysMomma

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
He ate his food shortly after I posted this... He was hesitant at first, but then he was like "oh yeah! I am hungry". He kept it down, and then ate just fine later in the day.

Thanks for all the advice. I guess I worry too much about him. Just about an hour ago I was looking around the room for him, he was in the weirdest position. I thought to my self "that's not normal... I don't hear him snoring" then checked to see if he was breathing!! I must be coo coo cocoa puffs.

Last edited:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
He ate his food shortly after I posted this... He was hesitant at first, but then he was like "oh yeah! I am hungry". He kept it down, and then ate just fine later in the day.

Thanks for all the advice. I guess I worry too much about him. Just about an hour ago I was looking around the room for him, he was in the weirdest positions. I thought to my self "that's not normal... I don't hear him snoring" then checked to see if he was breathing!! I must be coo coo cocoa puffs.

LOL I do the same... At night I will wake up because I cant hear him snoring and will peek in his crate making sure he is ok :rolleyes:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
I heart Fergus btw. So sweet!!

Thanks! I love Gretzky he is so darn handsome I love his coloring :drawheart:. Its crazy how fast they grow up :*( Everyday I wake up and he looks taller and fatter. I swear I wasn't this crazy with my lab when he was a puppy.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Thanks for all the advice. I guess I worry too much about him. Just about an hour ago I was looking around the room for him, he was in the weirdest position. I thought to my self "that's not normal... I don't hear him snoring" then checked to see if he was breathing!! I must be coo coo cocoa puffs.

Nope, you sound completely normal to me!! Glad everything is okay :whew:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.