Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG I am so sorry this happened at such a young age. Poor sweet Bacon. Did they give you a cone for him to wear so he doesn't scratch or injure his eye further?

OP
Bacon

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
no they didnt give us a cone, i think it was because he wasnt really scratching it or rubbing it when we were there.. i thought about it when i got home and he started to try and use his paw to scratch the ointment off. if he keeps rubbing ill give them a call. thanks for the well wishes!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Poor Bacon ... those pics make his eye look so sore! I'm hoping he will feel better soon now that he's been started on the meds!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Wow! Yikes! Owie! I've never seen cherry eye like this before, but then again, I've never seen an infected cherry eye. I hope the eye ointment and steriod work quickly. Give Bacon loves from us!

OP
Bacon

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Well I have good news!! :up:
Bacon's eye doesn't seem to look infected anymore, the medicine really worked quickly! Also the swelling of his Cherry eye has gone down a ton! It doesn't seem to be bothering him anymore either which is great because it was so hard to watch him in pain. The only thing were having trouble with is actually putting the ointment in his eye.. I have deemed that Kyles job, Bacon behaves better for him :bully:

I'm going to make sure and take some pictures tomorrow, and ill post them up here.

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Glad to hear things are going better!! Poor puppy! The rimadyl is actually for pain, so that probably helped him out a ton!

OP
Bacon

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Yeah I googled it and saw that, but i was just too lazy to change it on here lol :bust:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is great news, so glad he is better! That was a pretty severe case of the ouchies! When do you go back to the vet?

OP
Bacon

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Well guys today is the day we go back in to have the vet check his eye, and if its all clear of the infection were going to go ahead and have the surgery! They said they weren't sure if they were going to keep him overnight or let him come home afterwards, it sure is going to be quiet in this house tonight!:*(
Ill keep you all updated on what happens.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my goodness, good luck! I hope it goes well, make sure surgery is definately necessary. Is this a seasoned bulldog vet you are seeing? Anethesia is very scary with bulldogs- so just looking out for you and Bacon. Make sure they are experienced with bulldogs. BIG HUGS (hug)

OP
Bacon

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
HEY GUYS!!

I just went down to drop off some food for Bakey, and the told me it was okay if I took him home! His surgery went well! His eye is a little swollen, and hes very sleepy but hes doing good. We just have to keep putting in the eye ointment for another week. Surgery was the best option for him after we got rid of the infection, and our vet has takes care of bulldogs, (FIRST THING I asked when we started taking him there when we got him, my breeder told us to make sure.) I asked If there was anything else but they thought it was best to do the surgery and tuck it back in. I promise ill put up some pics soon. Just been very crazy around here! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So glad the surgery went well and that Bacon is ok :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.