Help Needed! Ways to entertain post op Tubbs

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
So Tubby went in Tuesday to have his cherry eye corrected and to fix his umbilical hernia.

In his discharge papers the vet mentions he shouldn't be playing too much with his toys because the tugging and chewing can make the eye gland relapse.

I am all for following doctors orders however Tubby is starting to go a little stir crazy. He now comes over and nips and tries to chew on my toes. He has also begun chewing and tugging on the bathroom mats.

Does anyone have any suggestions of ways to entertain him without going against doctors orders? I don't think my toes can handle another round of his puppy teeth!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ice cubes..... I would give him something to chew on just watch him and make sure he is not going crazy with it.
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] [MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can give him his toys, just don't play tub with him or let him get too excited, (if that's possible, with a pup.) Diva had Cherry eye surgery and she played with the others, but we didn't let her get to crazy.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I never experienced cherry eye surgery but Brutus had a prolapsed urethra surgery and he needed to be calm and quiet for 2 weeks :eek: That was tough!!! We filled his kong with PB or frozen yogurt and it kept him entertained for a while. Ice cubes will work also (we froze yogurt in ice trays)

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Thanks guys!!! Tubby, me & my toes thank you for the suggestions :):2thumbs:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I would just get some new chew toys. Something special that will keep his attention for a bit. Kong with peanut butter even since it takes a while to get thru.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.