Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! Fleas Wont Leave My English Bulldog Alone

Real Name
    Sean
    Bulldog(s) Names
    kimbo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP!!! Fleas Wont Leave My English Bulldog Alone

so it is called Diatomaceous? what exactly does it do if you dont mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by mendomama View Post
    Try food grade diatomaceous earth on his beads and outside on the ground. It is water soluble thou, so you have to re-apply after it rains or if you water

Real Name
    Sean
    Bulldog(s) Names
    kimbo
    Likes (Received)

what is the natural microorganism called?? i will definitely check out the website...

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I had a many years ago a infestation of fleas. I found an all natural microganizm that you hook up to the hose and water the lawn, It eats and attacks the fleas eggs. Flea will eggs will hatch every 7-10 days. fumigate in the house. dip the dog and apply a monthly regimen of flea preventive oil between shoulder blade or down back. There's many varitey's out there. do a little checking and you should come up with something to suit your lifestyle. I would def. start with the yard and the living nemotoads . check out fleabuster.com

Real Name
    Sean
    Bulldog(s) Names
    kimbo
    Likes (Received)

would you happen to have a link or the products name so i can get it and look it up?

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    Feed him the diatomaceous earth daily and also get a broadcast spreader and distribute it around the yard to kill the fleas on the property. We give HRH diatomaceous earth with her breakfast every morning, because it has lots of other health benefits besides keeping fleas at bay. It's supposed to be good for humans too, but while I have tried it, I just can't get in the habit of taking it daily.

Real Name
    Sean
    Bulldog(s) Names
    kimbo
    Likes (Received)

thank you so much for all the info. i do everything in my power to make sure he is ok during the hotter days, and when my sister can, she takes him to her house indoors. i worry about him all the time and it drives me nuts at times. and also i am really hesitant to use chemicals on my dog, but if you guys say it works, i will give it a shot. also is the pesticide harmful to english bulldogs?

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Well..we also live in California and have battled fleas in the past. You have to treat his total Enviroment. And you will have to do it a few times before you will get ahead of the hatching fleas. As the temps heat up..this problem will get worse too! We had an exterminator tell us years go that fleas can lie in the dirt for months and wait for a wam bodied being to latch onto!
    We found a good exterminator and had him nuke our yard. They will usually guarantee their product and will come back if needed. Its not cheap tho! My husband did get a sprayer and now at the first sign of a flea, he will spray our yard himself with pesticide from the garden store. But you will need something much stronger initially. You would have to remove everything of his and even though they say it's safe after an hour or so..we kept ours off for a day. All his bedding and him will need to be bathed and washed. All this will need to be repeated every 10 days until you feel flea free. I, also hate using the poisons on my critters, but we do use Revolution from April to October. We have ticks too and I've pulled a couple of those off of Jake.
    I feel your pain, there isn't an easy answer but I'm sure you can get on top of it.

On a side note, I too am concerned about Kimbo being outside with the warm months coming. Even 70 degree weather can be dangerous and it's a real worry for Bully owners. It certainly sounds like you do the very best you can and he is much loved, just wanted you to be aware of something tht scares the daylights out of us.

Welcome and glad you found us.

Real Name
    Sean
    Bulldog(s) Names
    kimbo
    Likes (Received)

thank you everyone for your help and advice!!!!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Check your Private Messages. I am going to PM you the website addy for buying food grade diatomaceous earth in bulk.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by seanjiujitsu View Post
    thank you so much for all the info. i do everything in my power to make sure he is ok during the hotter days, and when my sister can, she takes him to her house indoors. i worry about him all the time and it drives me nuts at times. and also i am really hesitant to use chemicals on my dog, but if you guys say it works, i will give it a shot. also is the pesticide harmful to english bulldogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Check your Private Messages. I am going to PM you the website addy for buying food grade diatomaceous earth in bulk.

I definitely think its worth a try to see how this Diatomaceous earth works. Do it early..the true flea season is just a couple weeks away!

And if you use ANY pesticide you must remove everything that will come in contact with your Bully. And keep him off as long as you can..at least 8 hours. I don't trust what the warnings are from the mfg. they usually say less than an hour..but I would go the longest you can!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

It sounds like he is lucky to have you. wish everyone loved their babies as much!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

what is the natural microorganism called?? i will definitely check out the website...

so sorry I'm late i'll pm you the site now
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Uni & Boadie
    Likes (Received)

Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae. It is used as a filtration aid, mild abrasive in products including toothpaste, mechanical insecticide, absorbent for liquids, matting agent for coatings, reinforcing filler in plastics and rubber, anti-block in plastic films, porous support for chemical catalysts, cat litter, activator in blood clotting studies, a stabilizing component of dynamite, and a thermal insulator.
    In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

I spray my yard with a liquid solution for bugs to make sure it is a bug free zone and Amber won't get into anything. I also use lavender oil in her bath water; it repels fleas and ticks and is natural and safe. Besides her bully washes with lemon juice, Amber smells great from the lavender additives added to her bath water plus she is bug free without worrying about her skin absorbing anything. I have been using lavender oil in my pets baths for years. You can buy it in any all natural store or anywhere aroma therapy items are sold. I would still recommend getting the yard treated or getting a solution for a hose end sprayer and doing it yourselve. Good luck.

Real Name
    Sean
    Bulldog(s) Names
    kimbo
    Likes (Received)

where can i get the lavender from??

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    I spray my yard with a liquid solution for bugs to make sure it is a bug free zone and Amber won't get into anything. I also use lavender oil in her bath water; it repels fleas and ticks and is natural and safe. Besides her bully washes with lemon juice, Amber smells great from the lavender additives added to her bath water plus she is bug free without worrying about her skin absorbing anything. I have been using lavender oil in my pets baths for years. You can buy it in any all natural store or anywhere aroma therapy items are sold. I would still recommend getting the yard treated or getting a solution for a hose end sprayer and doing it yourselve. Good luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads