Other Stupid vaccinations

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
My poor baby had a reaction to his shots today. His shoulder is swollen to the size of a tennis ball!!
image.jpgimage.jpg

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus had something similar after his rabies shot the last time. It wasnt on the side but on the shoulder blade and it was a hard lump! It went down after a couple days or so! Poor baby!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Belly had the same with puppy shots.. But it was her face that swelled. She always gets a Benadryl shot now before vaccines.

OP
GretzkysMomma

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
We had to take him back right away. They gave him a shot of Diphenhydramine, and also sent us home with chewable Rimadyl for pain relief! Poor guy! It's so tender we can't even pet him on that side.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We had to take him back right away. They gave him a shot of Diphenhydramine, and also sent us home with chewable Rimadyl for pain relief! Poor guy! It's so tender we can't even pet him on that side.

Oh poor Gretzky! Im sure he will be better in no time! It wasnt that bad with Brutus it actually bothered me more than him.... So sorry he is going through this! Give him a :hug: and smooch from us!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh poor Gretzky! Im sure he will be better in no time! It wasnt that bad with Brutus it actually bothered me more than him.... So sorry he is going through this! Give him a :hug: and smooch from us!

D

DaisyBulldog

For this, and many other reasons, I do not vaccinate my adult dogs.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Warm compresses and Benadryl do wonders. I look at it differently though. Imagine how sick he would've gotten if he had contracted the actual disease the vaccinations were protecting him from.

I know my grandkids get pain reliever before their shots. I bet Gretzky will be better with a little preventative treatment next time.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
For this, and many other reasons, I do not vaccinate my adult dogs.

Good for you, I do the same as I'm home mostly (disabled), do not go to dog parks
or other places around animals and have a privacy wood fence. They've proven most
vacs last much longer than time frame given, you can ask for their titiers to be drawn,
it tells you what their levels are and if a shot is needed...most times not.

For my kittens & puppies, I do not give the heavy hitters at one time but space them
out. I have an indoor cat, 13 y/o that got all her kitten shots & that's it, she's never
been ill except from a reaction from Frontline's Flea treatment when my dogs brought
them indoors during a horrendous outbreak of fleas. She almost died so now I use NO
chemicals on her at all and won't on any of my animals unless it was a absolute must.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby, but it will go down and Benadryl can also help. Vaccinations can sometimes cause small reactions or discomfort even in people, but the benefits far outweigh the temporary reactions, as the diseases they prevent could be far worse or even kill your dog. Feel better Gretzky, and don't worry Mama, he'll be back to himself in a day or so.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH..... poor little guy! Keep an eye on it and hopefully it will pass.

He is a beauty!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So glad the little guy is doing better!

D

DaisyBulldog

Aww poor baby, but it will go down and Benadryl can also help. Vaccinations can sometimes cause small reactions or discomfort even in people, but the benefits far outweigh the temporary reactions, as the diseases they prevent could be far worse or even kill your dog. Feel better Gretzky, and don't worry Mama, he'll be back to himself in a day or so.

I strongly disagree with this sentiment. Vaccines are killing our dogs by warping their immune systems and causing auto immune diseases. Adult dogs with good immune systems (i.e. good nutrition and supplements) are not susceptible to most of the things vaccinated for. Please look up the research of Jeanne Dodd DMV for a host of information about how we hurt our dogs (and cats) with over vaccination.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.