Thread: Ketaconozol

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Ketaconozol

I know I asked this before but I didn't get any responses. I figure I'd ask again. Has anyone been prescribed this for their bully for yeast infection? The vet prescribed it to me but I held off on getting it filled because another vet prescribed Bella a anti inflammatory (Prednisone) and a antibiotic (Cephlexon) (Sp?). She did awesome on both of those and everything was looking up then, the meds ran out. When that happened her yeast came storming back and her paws are swollen, raw and a mess. A couple days ago I filled the prescription and started her on the Ketaconozol tabs (200mg 2x a day). This yeast thing is absolutely driving me insane! It's like raising a baby all over again. Not what I expected when I adopted Bella.

Gonna pick up some different food tomorrow...leaning towards Fromms Frita, something other than chicken or duck. I think chicken in her current food, Natures Variety Instinct raw, is the culprit.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone in advance

Wayne

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes that is a fungus killer (yeast), the problem with antibiotics is they will help cure loads of stuff, including skin issues. But.... It also kills good bacteria. The good bacteria that helps ward off yeast.

Definitely use your script, and I would also suggest a bit of yogurt each day and a supplement like hardy pet or Nuvet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ketaconozol

Thanks Desert

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I don't have any experience with yeast problems, but I do with chicken allergies with my female Blossom, and I switched her to Fromms Beef Frittata when she was 7 mos old, she has been on this food for 5 months, and is doing really well, no allergies, rashes or pinkness. A lot of bullies are allergic or sensitive to chicken , so that may be the cause of her yeast, it's worth a try, and it's an excellent a food. Good luck, I hope you find a solution. And I hope Bella feels better soon, you can also try plain unsweetened yogurt in her food, a Tbsp or two in her food everyday, it boosts the immune system and aids in digestion, I also put a Tbsp of Apple cider vinegar in the drinking water everyday, it also boosts the immune system, kills bad bacteria in the body, is great for inflammation, and helps with bad breath. There are a lot of natural supplements that are good for people, that are also good for dogs
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Viking...I started the ACV thing and have done the yogurt thing but stopped thinking she might be allergic to it but after 3 weeks off of it and no change i'm going back to it.

Thanks

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

It's more likely the chicken in her food causing the allergy reactions, and not the yogurt not the ACV. Try a different food, and wait a good 3 weeks to a month to see the difference, as it takes this long for the old food to completely leave their system. Good luck and keep us posted on how she does.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Wayne Sorensen;313258]I know I asked this before but I didn't get any responses. I figure I'd ask again. Has anyone been prescribed this for their bully for yeast infection? The vet prescribed it to me but I held off on getting it filled because another vet prescribed Bella a anti inflammatory (Prednisone) and a antibiotic (Cephlexon) (Sp?). She did awesome on both of those and everything was looking up then, the meds ran out. When that happened her yeast came storming back and her paws are swollen, raw and a mess. A couple days ago I filled the prescription and started her on the Ketaconozol tabs (200mg 2x a day). This yeast thing is absolutely driving me insane! It's like raising a baby all over again. Not what I expected when I adopted Bella.

Gonna pick up some different food tomorrow...leaning towards Fromms Frita, something other than chicken or duck. I think chicken in her current food, Natures Variety Instinct raw, is the culprit. Thoughts? Thanks everyone in advance. Wayne

Sorry for no responses, Wayne, you must have caught us on hiatus! I know every time I have to take
    antibiotic I get a script for anti-yeast meds or else I get one. Bella must be sensitive to yeast, it is hard
    to kill but not impossible, it hides in the fissures of the gut. Keep her on ACV daily, plain, unsweetened
    yogurt and changing to Fromm's Beef Fritta is a great idea. I'll research more on yeast control for you.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Lucy-licious

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Sorensen View Post
    I know I asked this before but I didn't get any responses. I figure I'd ask again. Has anyone been prescribed this for their bully for yeast infection? The vet prescribed it to me but I held off on getting it filled because another vet prescribed Bella a anti inflammatory (Prednisone) and a antibiotic (Cephlexon) (Sp?). She did awesome on both of those and everything was looking up then, the meds ran out. When that happened her yeast came storming back and her paws are swollen, raw and a mess. A couple days ago I filled the prescription and started her on the Ketaconozol tabs (200mg 2x a day). This yeast thing is absolutely driving me insane! It's like raising a baby all over again. Not what I expected when I adopted Bella.

Gonna pick up some different food tomorrow...leaning towards Fromms Frita, something other than chicken or duck. I think chicken in her current food, Natures Variety Instinct raw, is the culprit.

Thoughts?

Wayne
    i remember this question last time and sorry..I'm sure I answered.

I gave Lucy ketakonazole for a nasty yeast infection she had, I had a 2 week course and could see the difference very quickly. It worked on her infection, and got rid if her tear stains and everything all in one swoop. 2 years later and because if our food change to a chicken and grain free food she has not had any yeast problem again it's a good med and safe to use.

Are you swapping to Beef Fritata? A few members use that and have good things to say about it. Its frain free too so a good choice x
    Last edited by Lucy-licious; 02-28-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Real Name
    Angie D'Accursio
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Santino
    Likes (Received)

I will say ketocanazole works wonders for me with yeast infections. I always keep it on hand for any future flare ups. Something else is causing the yeast. I also believe its allergy related.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Sorensen View Post
    It's like raising a baby all over again. Not what I expected when I adopted Bella.

Wayne
    that is exactly what my breeder told me to expect with having bully

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Agreed.... a new food is in order.

I have no experience with the ketaconozol..... but Banks suffs with yeast too. I have to clean her paws whenever she comes in from outside due to her grass/trees/weed allergies.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with Ketaconozol. I do however have some experience with yeast issues. Fromm is an AWESOME food but in my experience with yeast issues, it's best to go potato free and for Samson the Natures Variety Instinct salmon was the answer.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Remove Ads