Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just had my baby at the vet again:(

Real Name
    Victoria Madden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silas
    Likes (Received)

Default just had my baby at the vet again:(

Well, as i posted before, my 14 week old baby boy came to me with a horrible UTI and my vet put him on antibiotocs...it went away and right after finishing the ten days...BAM...ITS BACK in full force if not, worse...my poor baby leaks urine, he stinks like fish (his urine) he pees blood and strains to pee, and goes in his sleep! vet is giving another round of the meds but also took bloodwork to check for underlying kidney or liver issues because this baby can drink!! he drinks water excessively. i even changed him to a grain free diet and give one cranberry supplement a day...poor baby i hate to see him not feeling well and i am so scared he has kidney disease or something..i would have to return him to breeder if its anything life threatening..please pray for Silas we just adore him and dont want this to be anything serious...thank you!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20130206_021511-jpg  
    Last edited by Davidh; 02-25-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    proud owner of a baby boy bully named Silas!!!!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: just had my baby at the vet again:(

Oh no poor Silas and you. Hopefully the second round of antibiotics ones the trick and clears up his infection. Keeping my fingers crossed. You're doing everything you can both with the vet and antibiotic treatments, plus the proactive and preventative natural methods like the cranberry pill. Giving him lots of water will also help him to flush it out, and you could try putting organic apple cider vinegar in his drinking water everyday as well. ACV is a natural antiseptic, and kills bad bacteria in the body, as well as it boosts the immune system. It may help. Hope it clears up soon, and Silas feels better. Sending hugs and prayers for Silas and you, that its nothing more serious. Keep us posted on how he's doing. Since he's been on Two bouts of antibiotics, it's a good idea to give him some extra probiotics to give him back the good bacterial. Add 1 or 2 Tbsp plain unsweetened yogurt to his food everyday.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Harper Jiggs
    Likes (Received)

I hope he feels better soon! We will continue prayers for little Silas!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your pup and feel sorry for him. Hope he gets better soon. You said in a previous post that you pick up his water and only put it down when he goes and stands by his bowl, or when he is eating, if this is still the case, please leave the water down for him 24/7 so he can drink anytime he wants to.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Hope the meds work fast. Uti's r so painful and can cause all sorts of problems if they rnt handled quickly. poor baby.

Lucy-licious

Has your vet checked for crystals? Billy had crystals in his urine, it was milky yellow/green colour. Fortunately he doesn't have an ongoing issue with crystals that cause various types of bladder and kidney stones...but he did have a really nasty urine infection that needed a 4 week course of very strong antibiotics to clear.
    I hope he gets better soon, and there is nothing seriously wrong.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way for Silas' speedy recovery!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Silastheman View Post
    Well, as i posted before, my 14 week old baby boy came to me with a horrible UTI and my vet put him on antibiotocs...it went away and right after finishing the ten days...BAM...ITS BACK in full force if not, worse...my poor baby leaks urine, he stinks like fish (his urine) he pees blood and strains to pee, and goes in his sleep! vet is giving another round of the meds but also took bloodwork to check for underlying kidney or liver issues because this baby can drink!! he drinks water excessively. i even changed him to a grain free diet and give one cranberry supplement a day...poor baby i hate to see him not feeling well and i am so scared he has kidney disease or something..i would have to return him to breeder if its anything life threatening..please pray for Silas we just adore him and dont want this to be anything serious...thank you!!
    Hi Victoria.... since you state he drinks a LOT - there may be a need for him to have that much water to avoid the UTI... if he is that thristy hopefully it will show up in the blood work, but please place the water on the floor 24/7 this could stop the UTI's and you can take him off the antibiotics.

Hugs and prayers for the little man to be well.... please keep us posted when you get the blood work results back
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Victoria Madden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silas
    Likes (Received)

yes i dont hold water, he pees constantly anyway..he just drips non stop..i feel so bad, waiting for the blood work results now
    proud owner of a baby boy bully named Silas!!!!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Silastheman View Post
    yes i dont hold water, he pees constantly anyway..he just drips non stop..i feel so bad, waiting for the blood work results now
    poor fella...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Oh no! Poor silas!

By the way, in case you need a belly band for him to prevent having pee drip all over the place, I made my own (the belly bands in the store costs a lot of money) by just taking a strip of sturdy cloth, fold it into a rectangle about 5 inches wide and as long as it needs to go around Silas' belly. Then put an elastic down each side by sewing half an inch from the edge to form a "hole" that you can thread the elastic through, securing the ends of the elastic to the cloth. Then you can sew wide heavy-weight velcro on the ends of the band for a closure. Then all you have to do is stick one of those cheap feminine maxi pads in the middle, wrap the band around Silas' body and voila. Belly band.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

All I can offer are prayers for a speedy recovery....hope both of you get some relief soon.

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads