General Question just had my baby at the vet again:(

Silastheman

Feb 6, 2013
Fleetwood PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Silas
Well, as i posted before, my 14 week old baby boy came to me with a horrible UTI and my vet put him on antibiotocs...it went away and right after finishing the ten days...BAM...ITS BACK in full force if not, worse...my poor baby leaks urine, he stinks like fish (his urine) he pees blood and strains to pee, and goes in his sleep! vet is giving another round of the meds but also took bloodwork to check for underlying kidney or liver issues because this baby can drink!! he drinks water excessively. i even changed him to a grain free diet and give one cranberry supplement a day...poor baby i hate to see him not feeling well and i am so scared he has kidney disease or something..i would have to return him to breeder if its anything life threatening..please pray for Silas:pray: we just adore him and dont want this to be anything serious...thank you!!

Attachments

• 20130206_021511.jpg
    20130206_021511.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no poor Silas and you. Hopefully the second round of antibiotics ones the trick and clears up his infection. Keeping my fingers crossed. You're doing everything you can both with the vet and antibiotic treatments, plus the proactive and preventative natural methods like the cranberry pill. Giving him lots of water will also help him to flush it out, and you could try putting organic apple cider vinegar in his drinking water everyday as well. ACV is a natural antiseptic, and kills bad bacteria in the body, as well as it boosts the immune system. It may help. Hope it clears up soon, and Silas feels better. Sending hugs and prayers for Silas and you, that its nothing more serious. Keep us posted on how he's doing. Since he's been on Two bouts of antibiotics, it's a good idea to give him some extra probiotics to give him back the good bacterial. Add 1 or 2 Tbsp plain unsweetened yogurt to his food everyday.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for your pup and feel sorry for him. Hope he gets better soon. You said in a previous post that you pick up his water and only put it down when he goes and stands by his bowl, or when he is eating, if this is still the case, please leave the water down for him 24/7 so he can drink anytime he wants to.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Hope the meds work fast. Uti's r so painful and can cause all sorts of problems if they rnt handled quickly. :( poor baby.

L

Lucy-licious

Has your vet checked for crystals? Billy had crystals in his urine, it was milky yellow/green colour. Fortunately he doesn't have an ongoing issue with crystals that cause various types of bladder and kidney stones...but he did have a really nasty urine infection that needed a 4 week course of very strong antibiotics to clear.
I hope he gets better soon, and there is nothing seriously wrong.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, as i posted before, my 14 week old baby boy came to me with a horrible UTI and my vet put him on antibiotocs...it went away and right after finishing the ten days...BAM...ITS BACK in full force if not, worse...my poor baby leaks urine, he stinks like fish (his urine) he pees blood and strains to pee, and goes in his sleep! vet is giving another round of the meds but also took bloodwork to check for underlying kidney or liver issues because this baby can drink!! he drinks water excessively. i even changed him to a grain free diet and give one cranberry supplement a day...poor baby i hate to see him not feeling well and i am so scared he has kidney disease or something..i would have to return him to breeder if its anything life threatening..please pray for Silas:pray: we just adore him and dont want this to be anything serious...thank you!!

Hi Victoria.... since you state he drinks a LOT - there may be a need for him to have that much water to avoid the UTI... if he is that thristy hopefully it will show up in the blood work, but please place the water on the floor 24/7 this could stop the UTI's and you can take him off the antibiotics.

Hugs and prayers for the little man to be well.... please keep us posted when you get the blood work results back

OP
Silastheman

Silastheman

Feb 6, 2013
Fleetwood PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Silas
yes i dont hold water, he pees constantly anyway..he just drips non stop..i feel so bad, waiting for the blood work results now:cry:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes i dont hold water, he pees constantly anyway..he just drips non stop..i feel so bad, waiting for the blood work results now:cry:

poor fella...

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Oh no! Poor silas!

By the way, in case you need a belly band for him to prevent having pee drip all over the place, I made my own (the belly bands in the store costs a lot of money) by just taking a strip of sturdy cloth, fold it into a rectangle about 5 inches wide and as long as it needs to go around Silas' belly. Then put an elastic down each side by sewing half an inch from the edge to form a "hole" that you can thread the elastic through, securing the ends of the elastic to the cloth. Then you can sew wide heavy-weight velcro on the ends of the band for a closure. Then all you have to do is stick one of those cheap feminine maxi pads in the middle, wrap the band around Silas' body and voila. Belly band.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
All I can offer are prayers for a speedy recovery....hope both of you get some relief soon.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Hopefully its not so serious you have to return him to the breeder maybe the breeder can help with the vet cost. We got our babies around the same time and I cant even imagine having to do that with my baby. Sending you and Silas lots of :hug: and hope he gets better soon.

OP
Silastheman

Silastheman

Feb 6, 2013
Fleetwood PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Silas
Vet just called and all bloodwork is NORMAL!!!!! YAYYYY she also said his Uti was very bad so he probably just needs longer on the antibiotics...im sooooooo thankful.. o just cant wait until he can be out of his crate and play with us and not be lil stinky man haha..also cant wait for a clean crate in the morning and to get back to housebreaking him because this was a set back for both of us but im so happy my baby doesnt have any underlying disease!! Thanks for all the GREAT advice and prayers!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Vet just called and all bloodwork is NORMAL!!!!! YAYYYY she also said his Uti was very bad so he probably just needs longer on the antibiotics...im sooooooo thankful.. o just cant wait until he can be out of his crate and play with us and not be lil stinky man haha..also cant wait for a clean crate in the morning and to get back to housebreaking him because this was a set back for both of us but im so happy my baby doesnt have any underlying disease!! Thanks for all the GREAT advice and prayers!!

NICE... glad to hear nothing serious. did they say anything about crystals like lucy~lious suggested?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online