Help Needed! Red legs and hind quarters ...

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
@Ashleym she wants so badly to be running around with Chunk! Can't get her to the vet soon enough. She's really opening up and really ran around enjoying the yard today! I don't think the old owners intentionally neglected her ... They thought they were doing best for her but I think their mentality on pets are just different in the area they come from. He definitely loved her from what I saw!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thats good to know that she was loved. When a pet is loved so much is forgiven. Dogs are wonderful like that :D

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Soooo here's the vet report.

Ear infection (obviously lol) could have just happened or could have been long term. Of course our guess is long term, her ears were swollen and we had to go in with a swab to get in between the swollen parts (kind of like waves in there). Daily cleaning and mometamax for that.

Her legs weren't sores, just a skin infection. Medicated bath for skin along with simplicef for to help both infections.

Mouth - eek! Teeth are a mess and very decayed. Of course full dental with X-rays and possible extractions recommended/expected. She also has this gum thing, I forget what it's called. Her gums looked like chewed up bubble gum, swollen with all bumps. Doc says that holds food etc in her teeth adding to decay, what they could do for that is laser back the gums. Yikes!

Her daily cleaning was just a little in her tail fold and around her vulva (which to be honest grossed me out but she literally would let you do ANYTHING to her and not flinch so it was no big deal).

Other than that the only other concern was a bump by her hind quarters that vet thought felt like a tumor, could also be related to skin infection. Her fecal came back fine!

Here comes the bad news. My Gramma takes care of the baby two days a week. While she was here Wednesday, my dad came over with his mini doxie and somehow in the commotion Gramma thought Jada lunged and snarled at her. I still had Jada gated off in our mud room (waiting fecal results), so really she was jumping on the gate and probably just got excited and sounded like a snarl, as bullies sometimes do. Gramma was very upset and worried for the baby. Nothing I did could ease her mind, so I had to make the choice to give her up. Today I brought her to an HSBR volunteer so she could be brought to the family who is now planning to adopt her.

I am so heartbroken. I cried all night last night, the whole way to drop her off and the whole way home. I'm so upset that Gramma felt that way and so upset at myself cor not preventing this from happening. She is truly the sweetest dog I have ever met. Shy until she meets you then just wants to love and please you! Yes, please you!! She learned sit in a couple hours, anything to make her people happy! And she gives paw all day long; it's her way of greeting and telling you she likes you. She would totally go with the flow as far as sleeping, eating, going out. She would have been a perfect addition to our family. I know that she will be loved and is going to a great home, I still just miss her so much.

Here are some pics ...
Clayton thought her tail was so cool
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362274884.902809.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362274903.722888.jpg

Chunky love ... First night and last night
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362274954.219520.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362274990.094505.jpg

Cuddled up with her stuffie
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362275016.113364.jpg

Our last ride together <3
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362275042.494705.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1362275062.216820.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am so glad Jada will get better soon, sorry it was not a happy ending for you :(. I am so sad knowing how sad you are. Remember you have her a lot if love and a start at a new and better life xx :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Thanks [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]. I'm getting better at adjusting to the idea that I at least started off her new life right ... I learned so much having her here and it was wonderful to love her and care for her for that short time. I also learned that no matter how much I want to help anyone or anything, I have to consider how it affects those around me. Good intentions or not, it still could be hard on others. I know she will get tons of love and have a great home, I think the hardest thing is that my Gramma misunderstood her ... As I think many have in her life. Makes me sad to think that. Anyway, I will foster again ... Just may be a while until I can. And eventually, Chunk will have a buddy! If it kills me! Lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry to hear that Turi, she did look like a sweet girl. You showed her some love in the short time you had her and I'm sure the new family will love her too. One day you will get one you can keep, just have to train gramma. :)

Members online

No members online now.