Help Needed! Red legs and hind quarters ...

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Hey everyone! Got our foster girl, Jada, today. She is soooo super sweet, loving and gentle. Her overall health seems ok (vet check scheduled for Tuesday) but my first concern is her skin. I am hoping its food related (she was on royal canin and abady?!) but figured I would share a few pics here and see if anyone has any ideas. They did tell us that she licks and bites and her paws but he cleans them good to stop that. Haven't seen her do that at all today. Anyway, here are the few pics I took. (Sorry for the poor quality, they are phone pics.

Oh and I've included a collage of my fav pics of her so far. She loves to give paw!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361757170.712104.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361757170.712104.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 109
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361757179.473954.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361757179.473954.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 105
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361757192.697375.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361757192.697375.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 104
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361757227.562447.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361757227.562447.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 98

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Those swollen lumps on her legs can come from being crated without bedding excessively, or laying on hard surfaces a lot, or with old age.... How old is she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Those swollen lumps on her legs can come from being crated without bedding excessively, or laying on hard surfaces a lot, or with old age.... How old is she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

"6 or 7". She was given to them so they don't really know. In some ways, she looks older to me but then she jumps around like a young dog. Pretty sure it's been years since she has seen a vet and her teeth look like they've never been cleaned. :(. I don't think the owners purposely neglected her, just think they didn't know better. He told me how sensitive her skin is to baths and gave her a bath before he brought her. It was obvious he cared for her. Poor sweet thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
If you dont already, get her a hypoallergenic shampoo. Im sure the vet will have some ideas too. She looks like she would be a sweetie. :luv: Congrats again ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Turi... she looks to be a sweetie! I would think it is from the food ... RC :barf:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She does look sweet and is a beauty. Like Lisa said, it does look like the sores are from being in a crate too much or on a hard surface. Just keep them clean and maybe put some Neosporin on it, but she may lick it off, and a food change will also help. Congrats on your new foster baby and thanks for helping her.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone!
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], I was thinking that and a friend who's a bullie lover too mentioned another cream that did wonders on his bullie.

She is starting to get a little spunky which is so cute!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361844600.170459.jpg

And here's a pic of her ear. :( just got close to them and boy they look awful. Just completely full. She let me near them but I don't want to try cleaning them in case there is more of an issue. My poor girl!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361844627.025090.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
eeekkkkk that's a yeast condition , in the ear

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
OMG the previous owners should be ashamed of themselves. I really dont understand people and how they can treat/ ignore :crying:their pets like that. Poor sweet girl must have been miserable. She does look so happy in the picture with the baby gate :D

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8050]Ashleym[/MENTION] she wants so badly to be running around with Chunk! Can't get her to the vet soon enough. She's really opening up and really ran around enjoying the yard today! I don't think the old owners intentionally neglected her ... They thought they were doing best for her but I think their mentality on pets are just different in the area they come from. He definitely loved her from what I saw!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online