Help Needed! Bad breath and yeasty nose wrinkle!!

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
So my Bocephus has really bad breath. He had his teeth cleaned in October. Just wondering if there is anything we can give him for the halitosis?? Also, I clean his nose wrinkle and its been good lately, but also wondering if there is something else we should be doing for that as well? He's on blue buffalo grain free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I sure don't know BUT am interested in what folks have to say on this. In every issue of my Cesar's Way magazine, there's an ad for this product: "Leba III". I've seen it in other dog magazines too. They always have full page ad (expensive) and offer plenty of "proof" that the stuff works in pictures and stuff. I wonder if that stuff is any good? Has anyone else used LEBA III? This stuff was supposedly invented by someone who lost a dog to tooth decay -- unnecessarily of course -- and how the product was invented....? Lots of info came up when I googled it and its supposed to be "natural".

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Even though he is on grain free and a good food.... there could still be an issue with the protein.... [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i googled this and their can be several causes of this.
i got this one from webmd and im not trying to alarm you but several other sites kinda said the same thing. perhaps a vet visit. im no expert though.

We all know bad breath -- also known as halitosis -- when we smell it. Bad breath is the result of a build-up of odor-producing bacteria in your dog’s mouth, lungs, or gut. Persistent bad breath can indicate that your dog needs better dental care or that something is wrong in his gastrointestinal tract, liver, or kidneys. In all cases, halitosis is a red flag that should be investigated.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
i googled this and their can be several causes of this.
i got this one from webmd and im not trying to alarm you but several other sites kinda said the same thing. perhaps a vet visit. im no expert though.

We all know bad breath -- also known as halitosis -- when we smell it. Bad breath is the result of a build-up of odor-producing bacteria in your dog’s mouth, lungs, or gut. Persistent bad breath can indicate that your dog needs better dental care or that something is wrong in his gastrointestinal tract, liver, or kidneys. In all cases, halitosis is a red flag that should be investigated.

Hmm seems alarming. He was at the vet for his annual stuff just 2 weeks ago and everyone seemed happy about his overall health. I talked to the vet, she practically put her head in his mouth when I mentioned the bad breath and said it smelled 'normally bad', that every dog she's seen ever... Has not great breath. His stools are solid now, usually goes 2 times a day. He drinks and urinates like a champ and she's never said anything about his lungs being of concern. I guess I was looking for some type of at home product I could put in his water or something similar. Guess I should be more concerned 😥 I will say this... I can smell my fiancé's parents dog's breath from across the room. His is not like that.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Hmm seems alarming. He was at the vet for his annual stuff just 2 weeks ago and everyone seemed happy about his overall health. I talked to the vet, she practically put her head in his mouth when I mentioned the bad breath and said it smelled 'normally bad', that every dog she's seen ever... Has not great breath. His stools are solid now, usually goes 2 times a day. He drinks and urinates like a champ and she's never said anything about his lungs being of concern. I guess I was looking for some type of at home product I could put in his water or something similar. Guess I should be more concerned  I will say this... I can smell my fiancé's parents dog's breath from across the room. His is not like that.

well then perhaps its just doggie breath. sometimes a different food will make it better or so ive heard so maybe a food change is in order or i guess you could perhaps brush his teeth every day or try a dental cleaner i use nylabone dental chews or perhaps a deer antler. another website says to clean food bowls regularly and use stainless steel. also clean water. says u can try dried sweet potato treats or cut up apples or carrots.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Hmm seems alarming. He was at the vet for his annual stuff just 2 weeks ago and everyone seemed happy about his overall health. I talked to the vet, she practically put her head in his mouth when I mentioned the bad breath and said it smelled 'normally bad', that every dog she's seen ever... Has not great breath. His stools are solid now, usually goes 2 times a day. He drinks and urinates like a champ and she's never said anything about his lungs being of concern. I guess I was looking for some type of at home product I could put in his water or something similar. Guess I should be more concerned 😥 I will say this... I can smell my fiancé's parents dog's breath from across the room. His is not like that.

Idk if it is this but mr. Bos twinny lol had the same thing n we found out it was actually her yeasty nose!!! It would gag u when she licked u or yawned in ur face etc I got her nose cleared up n the "bad breath" went away!!!! I started putting ACV in her water n every other night I wipe her nose rope out with ACV, peroxide n water!!! I've noticed though if I don't scrape the yeast out, (sounds painful but she doesn't flinch n I'm very careful) putting a paper towel over my finger n gently scrape with my nail, it doesn't heal up!!!! Btw here's another pic of porky with her eyes open lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361801082.093137.jpg :)

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
or perhaps a deer antler.

I was going to suggest giving him an antler also. Lilly's breath got really bad, so I got some antlers. Once they were out and I didn't replace for over a month, I noticed her breath became really bad again. Gave her a new antler, voila! Just regular ol' doggie breath again. I bought my recent ones from Chasing our Tails, but I think some other people here get them from Carolina Pet Pantry (which I think I will try next, b/c chasing our tails took a little too long to ship them for my liking. I get nervous when places charge my card and then don't even ship the product till a week later, sorry rambling) I swear by antlers

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.