Help Needed! Trouble with tiny poop during the night

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
Our Nate (4 months old) has had a difficult start. He was leaking urine and wetting during the night in his sleep. The vet has run a series of tests from ultrasound, blood and urine tests. (He is now taking a low dose of medication, which has helped with the leaking and wetting during his sleep) Thankfully all has come back fine. He is doing much better with house training and we walk him right before bed. Never poops in the house, however, during the night in his sleep, he tends to release tiny poops, and not sure why. We have begun slowly changing his food (have not seen a change so far), not sure if that is the cause of not, and it only happens during the night. We feed him twice a day, 7 am and 2 pm. Any suggestions or comments appreciated.:eek:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have no idea what the nightly nuggets are all about, but our Banks (she is 7 years old) has this happen every once in a while -- it is so bizarre. I am interested to see if anyone has an idea of this cause.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think it is something he will out grow, hopefully in a month or so.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Maybe he just relaxes SO DEEPLY that his little sphincter lets go?

God. I wish I could sleep that soundly.....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Maybe he just relaxes SO DEEPLY that his little sphincter lets go?

God. I wish I could sleep that soundly.....

With or without the :poo:?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=8050]Ashleym[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - I think there's something in the female brain that clicks "ON" after childbirth --- OR the arrival of a new puppy. Deep sleep is elusive from those moments on!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
@Ashleym and @2BullyMama - I think there's something in the female brain that clicks "ON" after childbirth --- OR the arrival of a new puppy. Deep sleep is elusive from those moments on!

I'm happy to say that since the kids aren't toddlers anymore, I've experienced a few nights of deep sleep but not many:crying: Daughter actually had a sleepover to attend to on Saturday and lets just say no sleep was had that night and a good thing too cuz she called at 2am because she was scared of the older brother and there was a lot of fighting going on so I went and grabbed her right up. My kids may have had "crabby fingers" when they were 2 and 4 but we don't condone an environment that allows anyone to hit another, play or otherwise, in this house. She was just not used to it and it scared her poor thing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.