Help Needed! Oh No Myles is sick....

MsRandall

Dec 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Myles
Yesterday Myles woke up fine and over the course of the day ...one side of his face became very red. Almost like he had been burned with something. Later the redness in his face started to look like his face was wet. This morning his face looks the same so I washed it and it seem to have a warmness to his skin -I think it maybe red mange or a food allergy so I am taking him to the doctor today in a hour.

I have avoided giving him anything but pumpkin in some of his feedings and bananas ...However three days ago I couldnt resist the urge to buy some bulk treats that were all marked wheat free in Petco.....I know I am a bad bully mommy....:scared:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no, poor sweetie. Sounds like it could be starting of a hot spot or something :(. Good thing you caught it early, let us know how the vet visit goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aaww poor baby, hopefully it's just an allergic reaction, maybe to something in the treats, and the vet can treat it. Hopefully it's nothing serious, sending you and Myles hugs and prayers that he feels better soon. Keep us posted on what the vet says.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope he gets better soon.

OP
MsRandall

MsRandall

Dec 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Myles
Thanks everyone for the well wishes..

Not mange- it was a hotspot. Lol- I was a mess thinking I had given him something to make him sick.

The vet shaved the matted fur and put ointment on it ...Myles loved the attention so all is well. 10 days of aintbiotics for Myles.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So glad it's nothing more serious. Actually, wrong kind of food can trigger hot spots...so he could be better of without those treats.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So glad Myles didn't have anything too serious, and he's got the right treatment, he will be back to himself before you know it. Thanks for the update. Feel better Myles.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh yes, hotspots are usually triggered by food / treats. I would be very weary if giving those treats again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Poor little thing ... we've all done this kind of thing so don't be too upset with yourself!!! But, I would throw those treats in the bin if I were you .....:down:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.