Help Needed! demodectic mange + more

OP
BulldogManiac

BulldogManiac

Dec 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Glitzy
Thanks everyone! Yes, I will keep you posted on how she progresses. But so far she is looking good and doing good.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thanks everyone! Yes, I will keep you posted on how she progresses. But so far she is looking good and doing good.

Is she still on the mend? How did you make out with Nuvet? I just ordered Nuvet Plus and Nuvet Joint Plus today - hoping it's as good as the website says it is.

OP
BulldogManiac

BulldogManiac

Dec 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Glitzy
Is she still on the mend? How did you make out with Nuvet? I just ordered Nuvet Plus and Nuvet Joint Plus today - hoping it's as good as the website says it is.

Glitzy is doing well. After two weeks on ivermectin (sp?) she had a negative scrape (no mites) and then after four weeks there was only one mite in the scrape. So I think she will be on it for another month or so. Here hair has grown back really nice and pretty quickly which I think is due in part to both the ivermectin and the Nuvet. So overally she is doing really well but I'm not sure the Nuvet would have done the trick my itself so I am glad we got her on ivermectin when we did.

Here are some before/after pics.

Before ivermectin/Nuvet:
mange 1.jpgmange 2.jpgmange 3.jpg

After 4 weeks on ivermectin/Nuvet:

after 2.jpgafter 3.jpgafter.jpg

Hopefully this helps. My vet also said that getting her spade ASAP will help boost her immune system. So we are planning to get her spade as soon as she is off the ivermectin.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
How is Otis doing? I hope he is coming along well.

Wow shes looking really good. Otis is doing good mite wise. Nuvet will be coming in early next week. We are having quite a problem with his left front leg. Hoping to get that worked out. Glad to hear Glitzy has come along so well.

Sandy

Aug 28, 2010
Virginia Beach, Va.
Bulldog(s) Names
Harper Jiggs
I thought I was doing everything right for Harper. Good diet, Nuvet vitamins, apple cider vinegar in his water - but he got a few red spots the last couple of days. Then we saw his brother last night at the bulldog club meeting and he was just diagnosed with demodex. So off we went to vet his morning and sure enough he does have it. Vet gave us the ivermectin and antibiotics. These poor babies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.