General Question Yet another issue with porky :(

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I'm completely depressed n crying n she can tell she won't come near me bcuz everytime she does I have something else I have to do to her :'( her ear is bleeding a lot from scratches!!!! I'm 90% positive she has a yeast infection in her ear ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361478826.546331.jpg
That's one of eight qtips of yellowish frito smelling gunk I took out of her ear!!!!! She has an appointment Monday to have her eye rechecked n her ear, until then her vet is sending roger home tonight with ear drops :(!!!!!!!! I know bullies r loyal but I hope she stops being scared of me!!!!!! I feel like a total failure n worst of all I'm failing her I do what I can to protect her n it seems like I'm just hurting her now :'(!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
:( Don't worry, once she's all better, she'll crawl back up to you with no hesitation. Hopefully a few days worth of eardrops will cure her.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
You are being a great mommy by keeping on top of all these issues. Things happen, so easily. I was beating myself up last week when Winston got the infection underneath his tail. Sometimes no matter how hard we try, they still get banged up. I really hope she is feeling better soon, I know it seems horrible right now but you are doing everything right!! Sending hugs your way!! :havemyheart:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Deep breaths, deep breaths. The yeasty ear is not a big deal. My pup had it at 9 weeks and I initially flipped as well.
The drops suck yeah, but make sure you just do it when she's sleeping, and massage her ear as you're doing it. Someone posted that advice and it works.
She also does NOT hate you and you're not hurting her :nope: !! She :luv: you! But she knows that right now, you may give her something she's not crazy about so she's kind of avoiding you. That's all. Have a cup of tea, relax, and then do you what you gotta do.
You're a great bullie mama and when this is all over, give her a couple of extra treats. Or, better yet- give 'em as you're doing the things she doesn't like. It's amazing what bulldogs tolerate if there's food involved :D.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] ... give treats during and after you're cleaning out ears and all the other stuff she hates.

As for avoiding you and running away from you........ of course she's not doing that, silly!! She's avoiding and running away from the thing in your hand. There's a BIG, HUMONGOUS difference. You'll always be her Mummy that she :heart:s :yes:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh your poor baby. Like others have said just reinforce with treats when cleaning her ears. Get you some MalAcetic Ultra to clean the ears with. It works well on yeast and other ear problems.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
She's on panalog for her ears n as soon as I put it in she stopped scratching n wanted to snuggle (she hasn't napped all day she's been so itchy n uncomfy) now she's curled up on my lap snoring!!! It just so hard seeing her actually shake bcuz she's scared when I get near her with her meds :'( n she's on soooo much right now I have to give her something almost every four hours :( thank u all for ur thoughts n hugs :) I haven't been reading much on here the last few days :( but hoping everything starts to look up with ms Porky n I can get back in tune :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Sweetie! I sent off a long post but my computer quirked and my hands are
too sore to type but was saying just what you posted...nothing you could do for
Porky to ever not love you, sweet thang. You are so stressed by so much going
on w/dear 'lil Porky. Sending hugs to y'all...
:hug2::hug2::daisy::hug::hug:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, just wanted to send you and Porky hugs and love. Stop beating yourself up, none of this is your fault, you are a great bully Mama, and Porky knows it, she wuvs you. Just like children, pick up little infections, and viruses or illness, so do our Furbabies. We all do the best we can, we feed them good food, take them to the vet for checkups, and vaccinations, and keep them safe. But they can pick up infections, viruses, and have accidents, that's life, and when they do, we take them to the vet, and get the treatments they need, whether it be medications, special creams, or shampoos, or surgeries. She may not like the medications, who does? But she loves you, she knows your helping her, and when she feels better, she will be her usual cuddle bug self again. Hope her ear heals up soon, and feel better Porky, and Mama too. Take a deep breath, relax and she'll be fine. Have a glass of wine tonight, and give Porky a big hug from me.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Oh Sweetie! I sent off a long post but my computer quirked and my hands are
too sore to type but was saying just what you posted...nothing you could do for
Porky to ever not love you, sweet thang. You are so stressed by so much going
on w/dear 'lil Porky. Sending hugs to y'all...
:hug2::hug2::daisy::hug::hug:

Thank you :) she's a little better today n so am I I just hate watching her be so uncomfy n not being able to help luckily I have panalog n it stopped the itching as soon as I used it so shes not driving herself nuts scratching :) thank u carol porky sends big bully kisses to u n of course we both send hugs :)

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Hi, just wanted to send you and Porky hugs and love. Stop beating yourself up, none of this is your fault, you are a great bully Mama, and Porky knows it, she wuvs you. Just like children, pick up little infections, and viruses or illness, so do our Furbabies. We all do the best we can, we feed them good food, take them to the vet for checkups, and vaccinations, and keep them safe. But they can pick up infections, viruses, and have accidents, that's life, and when they do, we take them to the vet, and get the treatments they need, whether it be medications, special creams, or shampoos, or surgeries. She may not like the medications, who does? But she loves you, she knows your helping her, and when she feels better, she will be her usual cuddle bug self again. Hope her ear heals up soon, and feel better Porky, and Mama too. Take a deep breath, relax and she'll be fine. Have a glass of wine tonight, and give Porky a big hug from me.

Her ear looks 100 times better in just one night of having the meds this is y she hates it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361546744.581229.jpg
Between the cleaning lately n the meds she has her own medicine cabinet poor baby :(

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor sweet baby, but she'll feel better soon. It's so cool our babies share the same Birthday. Bulldozer and Blossom are both 1 years old today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 126
OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Aww poor sweet baby, but she'll feel better soon. It's so cool our babies share the same Birthday. Bulldozer and Blossom are both 1 years old today.

Awwww they r so cute with their bows lol it's amazing how quick the year went isn't it??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Her ear looks 100 times better in just one night of having the meds this is y she hates it View attachment 37753
Between the cleaning lately n the meds she has her own medicine cabinet poor baby :(

:hug: to you and Porky... and you really do not want to compare medicine cabinets! banks has had more issues than i can remember, but they never stopping lovin' on you!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.