General Question cherry eye operation

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeks had a cheery eye when he was younger once for about 15mins and it never came back again
. Until yesterday. Since yesterday it has popped out about 6-7 times. Every time it cones out i massage it straight back in but now my question is.. What stage does it get to before needing an op? Should i arrange an op now or is it only when its out permanantly ? I cant figure out whats making it keep popping back out i suddenly just notice its back out again. Does he need anything from vets to help it stay in? X

L

Lucy-licious

Are you getting it back in properly when youu massage it? Its good to keep massaging for a little minute after you know its back.
Lucy's popped a coule of times but then never since so she didnt have the op. But Billy's was out the second you turned you back and he started playing again. It got to the point where it wouldnt stay in and even popped whilst he was sleeping. Thats when we decided that it needed operating on.
We opted for having his 3rd lid removed as opposed to tacking. Just mainly for peace of mind that we wouldnt have to go back to the vets at a later date. If you catch it early there is no reason why tacking wouldnt be the best option.
there are pros and cons with both procedures.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Lucy-licious has given you some good advice above. All I can add is to maybe see if he is stressed about something or maybe feeling a bit under the weather. Both of those things can sometimes make a cherry eye pop out.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Thanks both its came out 3 times today but for a few hours its stayed in now. Fingers crossed. I hope he doesnt need the surgery. I dont think i was massagin it properly because i would stop as soon as it was back in. The last time i gave it a good massage and its stayed in x

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Diva was 7 months old when we had hers tacked in because it would not stay in.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.