Help Needed! I KNEW it was too good to be true!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Those look painful Kelly. I hate ants!! I can't even imagine having fire ants in my yard. We have the big half red/half black ants at the lake and occassionally they get bite but one but never have they had a reaction like that. Ouch!!! Poor Vegas. :hug:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm going to put my hand up here ........... Yep, I'm the foreigner in the room!!

Never heard of fire ants... and never seen fire ants! Are they red????? :blink:

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
I have no experience with this, but I was thinking if it was the fire ants he could be allergic to them. I know when humans are allergic the bites seem to looks bigger, redder, highly irritated, etc. Maybe this was the first time he has ever laid in it, since you said the ants are always there. Just guessing, and I hope your baby feels better!!
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] here's a pic of fire ants, I WISH I had never heard of fire ants. They're terrible!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361335020.235061.jpg

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
UPDATE: After washing the area with antibacterial soap, rubbing cortisone cream on the spots, giving him a benadryl last night, we woke up this morning and the spots are gone. So I am guessing that [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] guessed it right...Fire Ants!!! We have so many in our backyard, when we get our monthly house spray for bugs our guy also goes out to the backyard and sprays the mounds for ants. There really isn't anything we can do to get rid of them, it is just a Florida thing. I have never been bit, but Joe has and he got blisters from the bites. Hopefully this wont happen again!!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm late to this (sorry) but I'm so glad Vegas is feeling better! Give him a hug from me please :)

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I'm going to put my hand up here ........... Yep, I'm the foreigner in the room!!

Never heard of fire ants... and never seen fire ants! Are they red????? :blink:
Fire ants live in very large colonies that look like piles of sand on your lawn. When you step on it, within 5 seconds the ants come up to the surface and crawl up the leg of the person who stepped on the nest. I read somewhere once that they also know how to bite at the same time. I have some nasty bites from walking bogey. I am so careful that he does not step on a nest, that I have, at times, stepped on one myself- with sandals. Ouch! I hate these suckers and whenever I see a nest, I am out there with fireant poison!! [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]: so glad Vegas is better! I am sure it was some sort of bites! Poor baby!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Fire ants live in very large colonies that look like piles of sand on your lawn. When you step on it, within 5 seconds the ants come up to the surface and crawl up the leg of the person who stepped on the nest. I read somewhere once that they also know how to bite at the same time. I have some nasty bites from walking bogey. I am so careful that he does not step on a nest, that I have, at times, stepped on one myself- with sandals. Ouch! I hate these suckers and whenever I see a nest, I am out there with fireant poison!! @KMARINO: so glad Vegas is better! I am sure it was some sort of bites! Poor baby!!

Hmmm ... definitely staying away from large piles of sand whilst in Florida!!!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Ooooooo Florida ok fire ants suck :( poor Vegas but I'm curious how does vegan n mr bogey do with the reptilian creatures that live in Florida lol???? Not gators the tiny ones that stick to ur house or car???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
This looks exactly like something Ulysses had between his back legs few months ago. I took him to the vet immediately after I found it and she told me they were just some sort of pimples that they get sometimes cause of their fatty skin, and it was also a really warm summer back then. She gave me Chlorhexidine pads to clean him one or twice a day and after a day of cleaning the area they were totally gone. Probably it was that what Vegas had too..or maybe the ants. Hard to say for sure.

Members online

No members online now.