General Question Wet wrinkles by eyes and nose

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
I feel like since I have had Rumble for over 2 months that I should know this answer but I don't so I want opinions to make sure I am doing everything I can for my little man. We clean his wrinkles daily with a nonscented baby wipe and then we dry them. Within an hour or two the wrinkles will be wet again. I am not sure if this is normal or not. We are currently feeding him Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy and we also put Apple Cider Vinegar in his water. The wrinkles do not smell and do not seem to bother him but I think they are supposed to be dry for longer than they are. Is there something else I should be trying or is this considered normal?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have no idea what this is but I would look into food first! I hope this gets better!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Does he have very very deep wrinkles??? Porkys r the same way n bcuz we switched her food less than 2 weeks ago I'm waiting to see if they get better with the food change!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Same goes for Winston...its not a food thing for us as far as I am concerned. His wrinkles seem to be wet pretty frequently - no smell. I wipe them whenever I notice which is multiple times a day. It could be from play or even from drinking water - they are super messy with water lol.

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Is Rumble getting tear stains under his eyes or is it just moisture?

No tear stains, just moisture. We have him drinking water from a bottle and not a dish so I don't think that would be the issue.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank also has that problem (just wet but no stains) and had began having a yeasty nose rope, red face and paws. I have starting making his treats and have just completed his food switch from Fromms beef frittata to natures variety instinct salmon. Halfway through the switch his eyes were the best they had been for a long time. I was very hopeful the new food would do the trick but now they are wet again - as always the right is worst than left- but nose rope is much better along with no red face or paws, so food switch was good. Like you I am still trying to figure out the wet face. I do know that chewing makes its worse and Benedryl doesn't make a difference. Hopefully, someone will come along to offer more help soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is real young, so I would not think it is allergy related yet, but I could be wrong. Gonna tag some members to see what their thoughts are

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Adolescence bully's are notorious for wet faces. If they are eating good food that they are not allergic too, they will grow out of it. Thing is , it can take some time, perhaps 1-1/2 years of age. Keep drying them off. that's the best thing you can do, if the skin get raw, apply a dab of Desitin

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Adolescence bully's are notorious for wet faces. If they are eating good food that they are not allergic too, they will grow out of it. Thing is , it can take some time, perhaps 1-1/2 years of age. Keep drying them off. that's the best thing you can do, if the skin get raw, apply a dab of Desitin

This makes me feel better that it is normal! We will just keep trying to dry them off a couple times a day then. Thank you!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I feel like since I have had Rumble for over 2 months that I should know this answer but I don't so I want opinions to make sure I am doing everything I can for my little man. We clean his wrinkles daily with a nonscented baby wipe and then we dry them. Within an hour or two the wrinkles will be wet again. I am not sure if this is normal or not. We are currently feeding him Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy and we also put Apple Cider Vinegar in his water. The wrinkles do not smell and do not seem to bother him but I think they are supposed to be dry for longer than they are. Is there something else I should be trying or is this considered normal?

I was just at the vets last night n talked to her about this with porky she suggested athletes foot powder!! Not only does it help keep the fold dry but being that athletes foot is caused by a yeast bacteria it also helps heal an existing yeast issue!!!! I'm picking up some Saturday ill have to let ya know if it works :)

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was just at the vets last night n talked to her about this with porky she suggested athletes foot powder!! Not only does it help keep the fold dry but being that athletes foot is caused by a yeast bacteria it also helps heal an existing yeast issue!!!! I'm picking up some Saturday ill have to let ya know if it works :)

I have never heard of that and cannot wait to hear if it works!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky

I got it a little early lol I'm impatient, anyways I love it her little nose was nice n dry when we woke up this morning and smelt pretty lol today will be the test though we got a foot of snow and she lovesssssssss tunneling in it soooo lol if it keeps her nose from getting worse this week ill give it :2thumbs:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I believe it's normal for their eyes to water while they are teething, as their facial bone structure changes hopefully you will see a decrease in the watering :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky

Lemme just say I love it :D I clean her nose at night apply the powder b4 bed and by the time I go to clean it the next night it's just starting to get a little damp!! If I did it twice a day I don't think her nose would be wet at all :2thumbs: n her nose rope is so deep i take 2 whole tissues n stick them in it n u can't see either lol (no reason just for fun lol)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.