Help Needed! Skin Coloration Question (Need Advice)

phisherman

Jan 27, 2011
Kentucky
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe & Annie
I have a 15 month old female that has some darkened (looks like a burgundy color, not black or red) skin areas on her back legs, front paws, and around her chin. The vet says it is probably allergies, he didn't seemed too concerned. She does not scratch at them. Unfortunately I have no pictures this morning, but I will post a couple later. Have you ever dealt with this issue. She has never had any problems before, I feed her Nature's Logic Beef and she only gets high quality treats, maybe some apples and/or boiled eggs occasionally. She seems very healthy otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

CHLOE_SKIN_02.jpgCHLOE_CHIN.jpgCHLOE_FACE.jpgCHLOE_LEG.jpgCHLOE_PAWS.jpgCHLOE_SKIN.jpg

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
A picture will really help. Hopefully it's just normal pigmentation, but can't really tell until we see them. :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If they are areas she's licking it's discolored or yeasty

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It is more than likely food related. Lucy will get red like that on certain foods.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That looks like allergies ---- is Nature's Logic grain free?

OP
phisherman

phisherman

Jan 27, 2011
Kentucky
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe & Annie
Nature's Logic is grain, potato, soy, and rice free. It is supposed to be one of the best foods for dogs with allergies.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I'm interested in this too, mack doesn't have this symptom...yet...but always good to know, I never thought is need to know about head tremors but was really happy I paid attention to the posts about them when it did happen!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.