Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
So I have a question.. This one is new to me.. We have had Mack since Saturday, well... Matilda really hasn't eaten since then.. That right there was a concern for me.. I tried everything. From piggys ( my 4 year old son) food, a chicken leg quarter to ground up chicken.. Barely ate... So, I had an idea this morning as I fed my short fat man.. Why not try his puppy food... Ding, ding, ding!!!! She ate the whole bowl! So... My question for the pros is, is it ok if Mattie eats the same food as Mack for a while???

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
That's a good question. IMO I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. I'm not sure it would hurt her, but she'll probably have some stool issues and changing the food often can be tricky to the system.

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's a good question. IMO I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. I'm not sure it would hurt her, but she'll probably have some stool issues and changing the food often can be tricky to the system.

It is the same brand just puppy.. It won't be a weight issue. She is only 47 pounds..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Did you check the calcium level on the back of the bag? That could be an issue. I'm really not sure about this one. If you don't have a problem and Matilda's not pooping everywhere, I suppose short term is ok. You could ask your vet, although I'm not impressed generally with vets's opinion. you could Google it too and weed out the info you need. I know when females are pregnant they should be fed puppy food for all the extra calories, and while nursing too.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
It's fine for the short term if she's being silly. Then when Mack gets established, you can bring Matilda back to raw as Mack is transitioned. Just keep an eye on Matilda's weight. You'll probably get soft stools for a bit.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Puppy food may be too rich for her. On the short term it isnt going to hurt tho. Now that she has eaten, blend in some adult food til she is off of the puppy formula

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Short term should be ok, but she may gain weight in the long run as puppy food generally has more "calories" than adult formulas.

And poor Matilda! It took Stiggy a couple of weeks to get used to Punkin, so hopefully she'll be back to her silly self soon. :hug:

OP
Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Short term should be ok, but she may gain weight in the long run as puppy food generally has more "calories" than adult formulas.

And poor Matilda! It took Stiggy a couple of weeks to get used to Punkin, so hopefully she'll be back to her silly self soon. :hug:

Thanks everyone!!!! She is fine with him.. The newness is wearing off on him. She has put him in his place a few times. I do have proof that she likes him. She thinks he is her baby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361287916.503381.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361287916.503381.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 42

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.