Help Needed! What do you all think is best for bully arthritis ??

OP
N

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
I will Def check that out on Facebook too! yes we did do the progressive laser, it started at i think 3 treatments a week and tapered off. I just ordered Nusentia Pet Nutrition, a user on here recommended to me. She said she has 5 bullys and it works great! So we shall see, i cant wait for the warm weather so at least he wants to be outside some!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I have a 17 year old Shepard Mix and I've been using natural treatments for her. Turmeric and dry Mustard in chicken broth. Roxy plays like a puppy :2thumbs:

OP
N

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
Thanks Twice, thats excatly what i am looking to do go natural. Ill have to try some of that!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[QUOTE His diet he has a RX food from the vet HILLS j/d its really expensive so i mix it with the pedigree adult joint food.

Is Butters on the Hills Diet for a specific condition? Please do not take this the wrong way
but it is not a very nutritious food nor is Pedigree (I feed it before I knew better). Both are
grain based (increases inflammation & allergies) I have autoimmune diseases and since going
off grains, my pain & fatigue have remarkably decreased. There are food articles here to read.
Many bullies do great on Fromm's Beef Fritta and other grain free foods. I fed my bully, Avoderm's
Grain Free Red Meat Meal, they have other flavors too and can be found in PetsMart & PetCo's.
Best of luck and GOD bless!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hi [MENTION=8170]Neesy33[/MENTION]
If you're not far from the city, there's a place called water4dogs http://water4dogs.com/ in Tribeca.
They do rehabilition.

Hoping others can recommend something in jersey.

Oh, and Welcome to EBN. :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Thanks Twice, thats excatly what i am looking to do go natural. Ill have to try some of that!

Mix equal parts of turmeric and dry mustard in a container. When you're ready to use it mix about a teaspoon of the mixture into a cup of warm chicken or beef broth and put it on their food twice a day. Trust me, you'll want the broth... the stuff tastes nasty

Hi @Neesy33
If you're not far from the city, there's a place called water4dogs http://water4dogs.com/ in Tribeca.
They do rehabilition.

Hoping others can recommend something in jersey.

Oh, and Welcome to EBN. :)

Red Bank Animal Hospital in Tinton Falls does aqua therapy. I have no idea of the cost tho. http://www.rbvh.net/servicedetails.php?Physical-Rehabilitation-19

OP
N

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
Aww that would be awesome but unfortunately that is far :( I was searching places in Jersey but my internet broke for a week so now I am back on! Thanks so much for the input

OP
N

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
JUST seen the second part!! Tinton falls is sooooo close to me!! Thank you SOOO much I am going to call them tomorrow! :clap2:

OP
N

Neesy33

Feb 17, 2013
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Butters
The other post was cut off ")) He is on a RX from the Vet for the Hills JD dogfood which is supposed to be for his joints. I know the pedigree is not great but the other food is so expensive i have to mix it. I heard about the allergies, Butters is not bad with his. He gets flare up between his toes and sometimes a patch here and there. Over all (thank god) he is good with that. I will check out the other food from petsmart and see if maybe I can make a gradual switch. Thanks so much!! :D QUOTE=Texas Carol;310389][QUOTE His diet he has a RX food from the vet HILLS j/d its really expensive so i mix it with the pedigree adult joint food.

Is Butters on the Hills Diet for a specific condition? Please do not take this the wrong way
but it is not a very nutritious food nor is Pedigree (I feed it before I knew better). Both are
grain based (increases inflammation & allergies) I have autoimmune diseases and since going
off grains, my pain & fatigue have remarkably decreased. There are food articles here to read.
Many bullies do great on Fromm's Beef Fritta and other grain free foods. I fed my bully, Avoderm's
Grain Free Red Meat Meal, they have other flavors too and can be found in PetsMart & PetCo's.
Best of luck and GOD bless!

[/QUOTE]

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I bet between the cost of the rx food and pedigree he actually could be on a more beneficial food. Hopefully you find some relief for him!