Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you all think is best for bully arthritis ??

Real Name
    Denise
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butters
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What do you all think is best for bully arthritis ??

I tried about 8 laser treatments and it didnt seem to improve him. He has a "good" improvement on the Previcox so I am going to keep him on that for now. Im researching on where I can take him to a pool for exercises and maybe a cart!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy33 View Post
    I tried about 8 laser treatments and it didnt seem to improve him. He has a "good" improvement on the Previcox so I am going to keep him on that for now. Im researching on where I can take him to a pool for exercises and maybe a cart!
    Cart? The two wheeled kind that straps to them that takes the weight off of their legs?

If so, search on Facebook for The Rolling Dog Project. for more info on them.
    Last edited by BruceP; 02-19-2013 at 11:27 AM.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My Punkin gets bi-monthly laser treatments too for his knees. At first though, he needed them weekly for at least a month so it can take effect. Is this what your vet did?

Punks also gets daily glucoseamine, VetriScience Glycoflex I, to be exact. Since we started him on these, we've seen great improvement. Especially when he was getting laser therapy that first month, he was running like a puppy!
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Real Name
    Denise
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butters
    Likes (Received)

I will Def check that out on Facebook too! yes we did do the progressive laser, it started at i think 3 treatments a week and tapered off. I just ordered Nusentia Pet Nutrition, a user on here recommended to me. She said she has 5 bullys and it works great! So we shall see, i cant wait for the warm weather so at least he wants to be outside some!

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have a 17 year old Shepard Mix and I've been using natural treatments for her. Turmeric and dry Mustard in chicken broth. Roxy plays like a puppy

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Real Name
    Denise
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butters
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Twice, thats excatly what i am looking to do go natural. Ill have to try some of that!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE His diet he has a RX food from the vet HILLS j/d its really expensive so i mix it with the pedigree adult joint food.

Is Butters on the Hills Diet for a specific condition? Please do not take this the wrong way
    but it is not a very nutritious food nor is Pedigree (I feed it before I knew better). Both are
    grain based (increases inflammation & allergies) I have autoimmune diseases and since going
    off grains, my pain & fatigue have remarkably decreased. There are food articles here to read.
    Many bullies do great on Fromm's Beef Fritta and other grain free foods. I fed my bully, Avoderm's
    Grain Free Red Meat Meal, they have other flavors too and can be found in PetsMart & PetCo's.
    Best of luck and GOD bless!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hi @Neesy33
    If you're not far from the city, there's a place called water4dogs http://water4dogs.com/ in Tribeca.
    They do rehabilition.

Hoping others can recommend something in jersey.

Oh, and Welcome to EBN.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy33 View Post
    Thanks Twice, thats excatly what i am looking to do go natural. Ill have to try some of that!

Mix equal parts of turmeric and dry mustard in a container. When you're ready to use it mix about a teaspoon of the mixture into a cup of warm chicken or beef broth and put it on their food twice a day. Trust me, you'll want the broth... the stuff tastes nasty

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    Hi @Neesy33
    If you're not far from the city, there's a place called water4dogs http://water4dogs.com/ in Tribeca.
    They do rehabilition.

Hoping others can recommend something in jersey.

Oh, and Welcome to EBN.

Red Bank Animal Hospital in Tinton Falls does aqua therapy. I have no idea of the cost tho. http://www.rbvh.net/servicedetails.p...abilitation-19

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Real Name
    Denise
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butters
    Likes (Received)

Aww that would be awesome but unfortunately that is far I was searching places in Jersey but my internet broke for a week so now I am back on! Thanks so much for the input

Real Name
    Denise
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butters
    Likes (Received)

JUST seen the second part!! Tinton falls is sooooo close to me!! Thank you SOOO much I am going to call them tomorrow!

Real Name
    Denise
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butters
    Likes (Received)

The other post was cut off ")) He is on a RX from the Vet for the Hills JD dogfood which is supposed to be for his joints. I know the pedigree is not great but the other food is so expensive i have to mix it. I heard about the allergies, Butters is not bad with his. He gets flare up between his toes and sometimes a patch here and there. Over all (thank god) he is good with that. I will check out the other food from petsmart and see if maybe I can make a gradual switch. Thanks so much!! QUOTE=Texas Carol;310389][QUOTE His diet he has a RX food from the vet HILLS j/d its really expensive so i mix it with the pedigree adult joint food.

Is Butters on the Hills Diet for a specific condition? Please do not take this the wrong way
    but it is not a very nutritious food nor is Pedigree (I feed it before I knew better). Both are
    grain based (increases inflammation & allergies) I have autoimmune diseases and since going
    off grains, my pain & fatigue have remarkably decreased. There are food articles here to read.
    Many bullies do great on Fromm's Beef Fritta and other grain free foods. I fed my bully, Avoderm's
    Grain Free Red Meat Meal, they have other flavors too and can be found in PetsMart & PetCo's.
    Best of luck and GOD bless!

[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads