Thread: Fromm food question

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno and Bunker
    Likes (Received)

Default Fromm food question

So is the Fromm Salmon and Veggies grain free? Or is the surf n turf the only grain free one? Is it best for a bully to be on the grain free one? If so, should I do a complete switch from the Salmon and Veggies to the surf n turf, or should I do a gradual transition?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fromm food question

surf n turf is the only grain free one, but they have a new one with beef that I am not sure if it is available yet. You probably would not need to switch super slowly, maybe over 2-3 days since the ingredients will be much closer than that of a one star food to a 6 star food.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

The salmon and veggies is not grain free but if your bully reacts perfectly to that one then I wouldnt worry so much unless you just want to try the surf and turf to see the diff. Every bully is diff and some will need grain free while others dont necessarily.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno and Bunker
    Likes (Received)

Thanks! So then if I do try the surf n turf, should I do a transition, or is it okay not to since it's the same brand? We have changed his food so much, trying to find something that didn't make him vomit...so I don't want to upset his stomach or do anything bad for him! I appreciate your help!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BullyB View Post
    Thanks! So then if I do try the surf n turf, should I do a transition, or is it okay not to since it's the same brand? We have changed his food so much, trying to find something that didn't make him vomit...so I don't want to upset his stomach or do anything bad for him! I appreciate your help!
    Hmmmm I'm not sure, I would do a slow transition just to be safe if I were you. I do 1/4 new 3/4 old for the first 2 days, then 1/2 and 1/2 for 2 days, 3/4 new and 1/4 old for 2 days.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yes a transition I think but not so slow as if you were changing complete foods I wouldnt think. If you do it over a weeks time you should be fine I would think.

Remove Ads