Fromm food question

BullyB

Sep 23, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno and Bunker
So is the Fromm Salmon and Veggies grain free? Or is the surf n turf the only grain free one? Is it best for a bully to be on the grain free one? If so, should I do a complete switch from the Salmon and Veggies to the surf n turf, or should I do a gradual transition?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
surf n turf is the only grain free one, but they have a new one with beef that I am not sure if it is available yet. You probably would not need to switch super slowly, maybe over 2-3 days since the ingredients will be much closer than that of a one star food to a 6 star food.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
The salmon and veggies is not grain free but if your bully reacts perfectly to that one then I wouldnt worry so much unless you just want to try the surf and turf to see the diff. Every bully is diff and some will need grain free while others dont necessarily.

OP
BullyB

BullyB

Sep 23, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno and Bunker
Thanks! So then if I do try the surf n turf, should I do a transition, or is it okay not to since it's the same brand? We have changed his food so much, trying to find something that didn't make him vomit...so I don't want to upset his stomach or do anything bad for him! I appreciate your help!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Thanks! So then if I do try the surf n turf, should I do a transition, or is it okay not to since it's the same brand? We have changed his food so much, trying to find something that didn't make him vomit...so I don't want to upset his stomach or do anything bad for him! I appreciate your help!

Hmmmm I'm not sure, I would do a slow transition just to be safe if I were you. I do 1/4 new 3/4 old for the first 2 days, then 1/2 and 1/2 for 2 days, 3/4 new and 1/4 old for 2 days.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes a transition I think but not so slow as if you were changing complete foods I wouldnt think. If you do it over a weeks time you should be fine I would think.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.