JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson decided he wanted to get into a fight with Jack last night and he lost. Wilson has triggers and in the right condition they will fight every single time. I caused this one last night though. Jack was chewing on a new nylabone and I went over to him and sat with him near the kitchen (it was about 10pm and we were all having a good time chatting and drinking a bit). So then Wilson and Emma both come over and what do I do? STUPID!!!! I take the bone to avoid any fights and instead of just keeping it I toss it about 4 feet away. Well Jack turned to go get it and Wilson was right there.......a BIG fight broke out. Jack tried to get away and stopped when we we're yelling at them, but Wilson..... he's too gamey and will not stop until pulled away . He got bit between his eyes but you can't see that since it's all cleaned up, and he has a nice puncture wound on his inner eyelid. He's poor face was covered in dried blood this morning when I wiped him off again.

I was 100% the reason that caused the main trigger that causes them to fight, excitement and a toy. ****slaps self on the head****

I thought I'd share this just so people can see how easily eye injuries can happen to Bulldogs....luckily he'll be ok.

image-24_zps6a728823.jpg

image-24_zpsb01f231f.jpg

image-24_zps637eac93.jpg

image-24_zps6fbfa387.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ouch!!! Don't be so hard on yourself Jeannie, you know the triggers but they are the ones fighting. So it is never "your fault". Hope it heals fast :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm not being too hard on myself, but it was a DOHHH moment. I didn't even think about it, I just tossed it and it was game on....but we at least know the triggers.

Our neighbor Larry asked how do you see the triggers, he's been here a few times when they've fought. I said, I just know, it's in his body language and facial expression.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Oh Jeannie, don't feel so bad. Your a good mama. Yes, bully eyes do get it easy, Uni's had the same one injured twice! From fights! Darn BULLdogs! :down:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Ack..doesn't look pretty, but glad it's not serious.
You know, it happens. We can't be constantly aware of every little thing we do 24/7. Sometimes, we screw up. Good thing is, it's usually not serious :).

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH........ kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss to my buddy Wilson to heal that boo-boo

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Wilson. Looks ouchy, but don't feel bad accidents happen, and he will heal up fine. Just some normal sibling rivalry. My two have 2 of every toy, and they will always tussle and bite on each other for the same toy. Over the counter Polysporin drops or ointment will heal that right up. Give Wilson hugs and kisses for his boo boo, and I hope it heals quickly. And I'm sure Jack feels sorry, he didn't mean to hurt his brother. Give him a hug from me too.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh that bully 'never give up' tenacity, so glad Jack obeyed & it got stopped
before serious damage happened.

Dear Jeannie...life happens, sadly we can't control everything all the time.

You do a great job w/all your babies, forgive yourself & move forward.

Kiss that stubborn Wilson for me and Emma & Jack too!
:lubu:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He's a hard one to pin dow to put eye gel in. So much so it was impossible even with Mike helping. He's a bit pussy but it doesn't seem to be bothering him if I leave it alone. He has his harness on too now. :up:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do feel that one day (since he's a bully had has no snout) that he's going to seriously risk loosing an eye if he keep this up.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awwww Wilson baby! He will be better before you know it. Don't beat yourself up, stuff happens! :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh sis as you know im am going through this very thing with sarah and my bostons. couple fights ago duke almost got her eye. it happens hon and i know you are a good mama. :yes:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
It could have been far worse! Thank goodness it wasn't. And that's how we learn -- by making mistakes! This was a small one! NO one lost an eye.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I hope Wilson gets better, soon. Don't worry, dogs just fight sometimes. It's part of the pack mentality. This is the number one reason I am afraid to get a second dog of any breed though. I couldn't bear it if one of my babies got hurt! It's bad enough for me when the cat scratches at Winston's face when Wins tries to play with him. I am paranoid about him getting an eye injury.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.