Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My bully thinks he's starving everytime he eats!

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    His Royal Thickness Sir Buddy 'Harely' & Eva (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My bully thinks he's starving everytime he eats!

@sweetpeasmom2008 Harley definitely continues looking. We keep the food locked in a closet he would definitely find it. We finally got him to where he doesn't bother trying to get to our other dogs food because he eats exceptionally slow and Harley used to run over and scarf it down after being done with his!
    @2BullyMama That's actually a great idea! I think I'll try that next. Thank you!
    @Sherry Adam has been on the mend ever since he was released from the hospital. He was in for about a month and a half and went to his mom's after and had to have 1 more surgery to remove a bar from his hips. It was a long road, but he eventually started using a walker, then a can, and he is now to where he can get around a little bit without anything! It's still hard and it wears his leg out fast, but he has healed so much it's just a miracle. Harley keeps him entertained because I work and he's home all day. He's really done a great job training him.
    @Texas Carol I am so sorry for all the trauma in your family! I understand the pain. Adam has recovered very well. Next month will be a year from the accident. We are actually going Monday to a banquet with the firefighters who helped rescue him. We've made truly amazing friends with them through this. They were our lifeline, especially Adam's.

I feed him Taste of the Wild bison flavored, grain-free. It's the best food we can get here without having to order and have food shipped. He does really well with it and it seems to agree very well with his digestive system. Treats is a great idea. He does love treats and we probably don't give him enough of them.

Thank you all for all the great ideas! You were all very helpful. Each bully is different, so maybe some are scarfers and some are picky. Eva didn't eat so fast, so Harley is different. I'll try some of the things you all have suggested. Thank you!

Real Name
    Lois
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Max
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I'm no help either, some bullies are just like that. My Dozer will sit and wait so patiently for his food, and it takes him a long time to eat it, mostly I think because he has a severe underbite and his teeth don't meet together, so it takes him a little longer to eat. Blossom on the other hand is a Hoover, she inhales her food, you would think we never fed her. She will charge at her food, inhale it, then go after Dozers food, so we have to feed them separate, then if we forget to put the cat food up high, she will inhale that too, and the she goes to the dog food storage bin, she has figured out how to flip the lid open with her nose, and she dives head first, and then both paws into the bin, and tries to inhale the contents of that too.
    Lol,that's hysterical!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

@Texas Carol I am so sorry for all the trauma in your family! I understand the pain. Adam has recovered very well. Next month will be a year from the accident. We are actually going Monday to a banquet with the firefighters who helped rescue him. We've made truly amazing friends with them through this. They were our lifeline, especially Adam's.

Thank you, I had just joined EBN and their continual support has helped me heal
    every day, these members have been one of GOD's greatest blessings to me

I applaud your determination, courage & grit keeping everything together, pulling
    your family thru this challenging trial, going thru the dark valley of death to walk
    on the other side at present time.

Some never get there...may GOD continue to keep you & yours blessed! Carol

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Lois
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Max
    Likes (Received)

I too give Max green beans, & some carrots (vet recommended). I give him this about an hour before his kibble.

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

@Dove7-we put our food in our pantry and shut the door and Lucy will go bark at the door when she feels its time to eat and Lola will just go sit by the door.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads