Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Griz has one of my favorite bulldog faces EVER! It breaks my heart to see him so sad and miserable. I hope raw helps him and soon!

I know............thank goodness his antibiotics kicked in today and the allergy's are drying up. the wound has scabbed over this morning and is dry. Tomorrow or later tonight everyone gets a bath. He'll get rinsed in vinegar water to seal the deal. I can't believe how none of them are drinking water since yesterday starting raw, gotta give em ice.

L

Lucy-licious

Oh poor boy...hoping and praying that he heals up real soon :shot:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh sherry and poor griz. going freeze dried raw has helped sarah alot. she is not perfect but alot better so im hoping it does the same for griz. finding the right protein for a bully helps so much. sarah is back on chicken now so go figure. fingers and toes crossed for you dear. :2thumbs:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
So hoping the raw helps him! Poor baby :cry: You will see a dramatic decrease in them drinking water on raw. When I had Belly on raw previously I swear it was like 3 days before I saw her drink.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So hoping the raw helps him! Poor baby :cry: You will see a dramatic decrease in them drinking water on raw. When I had Belly on raw previously I swear it was like 3 days before I saw her drink.

My I ask why Belly isn't on raw no longer?

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
She's still on raw :) I had her on raw from when she was a baby, but it was the prepackaged patties. It got too expensive when Bobby came along as their grocery bill was more than mine! Their health is more important to me and when I noticed her coat wasn't looking so great I decided to go back to raw. I did find a co -op sort of group though so it isn't so expensive. They have been back on raw for almost 3 weeks now.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Owwwie poor Griz. I hope the raw is much better for him.

I would do anything to prevent this from happening to any of these guys' Griz just kept getting worse and worse and the antibiotics were the only thing to clear him up. I really had to give my husband the ultimatum to go with the flow about the raw. He insists I grind it up too. so I'm doing everything I possibly can to stay on top of things, not to mention, my husband is germaphobic, he can be such a pain :bitching: drives me nuts
I'll be home all week with the pack during their transition on raw, since Friday (three days of raw) no major problems. Dolly has spit up some small chunks of bone occasionally and today was the first they really drank any water. which is hard for me to get use too. As soon as Griz's dry scab comes off and hair grows in we'll do an updated photo of before and afters

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Todays comparison

001.jpgthis pic is from 2/14
the following pics are from tonight
003.jpg001.jpg006.jpg007.jpg such an Improvement !!! shiny and hair growing back in.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Sherry that's a huge improvement in just a few days. I've never seen allergies do that before. That sore was caused by his food? Yikes!

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherry that's a huge improvement in just a few days. I've never seen allergies do that before. That sore was caused by his food? Yikes!

That sore was caused by him scratching his face open. From allergy's

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ouch Sherry ..... I knew you'd decided to go raw, but never realised how poor little Griz was suffering from allergies.

I'm with you 120% ... if my bullies were suffering like this I too would go raw.

Let's hope that this is the answer!!! I just can't wait to see him in a few months time when all his old food and the antibiotics are out of his system. He is such a doll baby!!! :luv:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Let me add my voice to the cheering squad... Go Griz Go!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.