General Question Poor Bogey!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
My little guy woke up this morning with an infection in his eye! It is so horrible looking, discharging green gunk and he keeps rubbing it! We have an appt at the vet at 2:30. I am sure some antibiotic drops will be the treatment. He looks awful though!:crying: Most likely picked it up in the dog park I'm sure!

Question about your vets offices. I called at 9 am to ask for an appt today. I got a very tert "well I only have 2 appointments left today- 230 and 3." I took the 230, but if I couldn't get there then, or if I felt it needed atttention before that, would your vets have squeezed you in somewhere? I mean, emergencies do happen, and I would hope they would do everything to see a sick dog. Am I being unreasonable?
Just wondering.:bitching:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry your baby has an infection. As far as the vets go, ours will try to squeeze you in if an emergency comes up.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sorry about Bogeys eye, hoping it clears up soon, and he feels better. As for the vet, anytime I've had an emergency, I just pick up my baby, and go there, and walk in, they are just down the Street, and they have always taken me right in. I've done this twice, once with a blossom when she swallowed a whole bag of my Grandsons bulk barn penny candies, including chocolate, my vet took her right away, and gave her some meds to make her throw it all up. And once with Dozer when he swallowed a sock. She took xrays, put him on IV fluids, and pain meds, and gave him a strong laxative to help him pass it, which he did.

emmaandchubbs

Feb 12, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs
My regular vet will squeeze us in in an emergency, but luckily we haven't needed that kind of help! Hope Bogey's eye feels better. Chubbs has had eye issues and they're no fun. Plus it always makes my eyes water seeing him 'crying' and itching his eyes!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor Bogey.... hope the appointment went well . and, yes, our vet has always squeezed us in during an emergency or issue

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
did your vet schedule you, or someone at his front desk? if it wasn't your vet, i'd let him know how his staff is responding to emergencies.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awwww poor thing. Hope he feels better ASAP. As for vets, yes ours would definitely fit us in. She is in a hospital so if she isn't there, we see one of the other docs (usually one in particular). They all love Chunk so much and always make sure he's got the best care. I honestly don't like the sounds of your vet. And if that was a receptionist, I would for sure let the doc know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
How is Bogie's eye??????

His eye looks better today, but it is still not normal looking. The vet said it was a bacterial infection in both eyes, but there was so much swelling in the right eye, it may predispose him to a cherry eye! So, he is on drops 3 times a day and hopefully, it will all resolve on its own. Will start looking at info on /cherry eye. Thanks for asking.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
His eye looks better today, but it is still not normal looking. The vet said it was a bacterial infection in both eyes, but there was so much swelling in the right eye, it may predispose him to a cherry eye! So, he is on drops 3 times a day and hopefully, it will all resolve on its own. Will start looking at info on /cherry eye. Thanks for asking.

Thanx for the update.... There are a couple of videos floating around that show how easy it is to pop the cherry eye back into place. May be worth searching for it. Its either on EBN and/or You Tube... i dont remember.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Sorry about Bogeys eye, hoping it clears up soon, and he feels better. As for the vet, anytime I've had an emergency, I just pick up my baby, and go there, and walk in, they are just down the Street, and they have always taken me right in. I've done this twice, once with a blossom when she swallowed a whole bag of my Grandsons bulk barn penny candies, including chocolate, my vet took her right away, and gave her some meds to make her throw it all up. And once with Dozer when he swallowed a sock. She took xrays, put him on IV fluids, and pain meds, and gave him a strong laxative to help him pass it, which he did.

I'm the same way - the last time Bacon got sick I called just to tell them I was coming and didn't give them a choice in the matter. An emergency is an emergency... what are they going to do, turn you away in front of everyone else?

Bullymama coming through!!!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw i hope bogey feels better soon. i have had an emergency with sarah and our vet squeezed us in on a very busy saturday. prayers his eyes continue to get better.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.