Other Mac is an addict

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Yes, you read it right. Mac is an addict, he's addicted to coconut oil now! I started giving them some coco oil and now he won't eat his food if it's not on there. I ran out once and he walked away from his dinner and the whole night I could here his belly rumbling cuz he was so hungry. I know he'd rather have his raw but right now Cleo just can't go outside to eat it, she can only go out to potty and poo and then right back in. Although, since the snow her allergies have been so much better and her paws are fine since she's not on the grass. Maybe we should move to Alaska?? She got to play outside all weekend in the snow and she loved it.

Anyone else have a bully who won't eat without a 'topping'?

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Well, I'm not quite sure but I am afraid to run out of salmon oil....lol

I no longer use coconut oil due to added calories.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nah, Banbks is sooooooooooooooo food modivated, she eats ANYTHING that hits the bowl

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Yes, you read it right. Mac is an addict, he's addicted to coconut oil now! I started giving them some coco oil and now he won't eat his food if it's not on there. I ran out once and he walked away from his dinner and the whole night I could here his belly rumbling cuz he was so hungry. I know he'd rather have his raw but right now Cleo just can't go outside to eat it, she can only go out to potty and poo and then right back in. Although, since the snow her allergies have been so much better and her paws are fine since she's not on the grass. Maybe we should move to Alaska?? She got to play outside all weekend in the snow and she loved it.

Anyone else have a bully who won't eat without a 'topping'?
Max never needs a topping, never skipped a meal. What are if any the benefits of coconut oil?

flkjr2

Nov 24, 2012
Florissant, Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Z
Z seems to enjoy his food better with a couple of spoonfuls of canned food on top of his kibble. I also add salmon oil on top of his morning meal. Thinking about trying the yogurt topping...having cold feet. Water is filtered with some apple cider vinegar added. LOL...i just read what I typed...boy does Z sound like a spoiled brat! lol

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Well, I'm not quite sure but I am afraid to run out of salmon oil....lol

I no longer use coconut oil due to added calories.

Mac could actually use the extra calories but not Cleo! I'll have to try some salmon oil since I hear good things about it now. Is there a specific brand you use?

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Z seems to enjoy his food better with a couple of spoonfuls of canned food on top of his kibble. I also add salmon oil on top of his morning meal. Thinking about trying the yogurt topping...having cold feet. Water is filtered with some apple cider vinegar added. LOL...i just read what I typed...boy does Z sound like a spoiled brat! lol

Our bullies are NOT spoiled, we are just well trained. LOL

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Max never needs a topping, never skipped a meal. What are if any the benefits of coconut oil?

Well, I heard it was good for their coats so I wanted to give it a try. They get bathed every weekend so I always give them a supplement to keep them from drying out and it works. Cleo has to have her special shampoo and Mac gets one because Cleo is constantly giving him a "bath" herself and he just stinks by weeks end after her doing that. They didn't get one this weekend though so I'm slacking.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Mac could actually use the extra calories but not Cleo! I'll have to try some salmon oil since I hear good things about it now. Is there a specific brand you use?

Yes, I use Grizzily Salmon Oil although I dont think one is better then another.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Nah, Banbks is sooooooooooooooo food modivated, she eats ANYTHING that hits the bowl

That's been my experience too. Heck! I'm afraid to get my hand too close! Mabel turns her nose up at her vitamin, but wrap in it cheese and I don't think she even bothers to taste it!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Mine never turn up their noses to food, they're always ready to eat. Lol. They get yogurt in their morning Fromms Beef Kibble, they get salmon oil in their evening home cooked meal, and they get apple cider vinegar in their drinking water everyday. But they would eat their food even without these things added, heck they would probably eat garbage, and in fact I know Dozer would, he's eaten sticks, rocks, paper towel, and socks. He thinks he's a billy goat. Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's been my experience too. Heck! I'm afraid to get my hand too close! Mabel turns her nose up at her vitamin, but wrap in it cheese and I don't think she even bothers to taste it!

We use vanilla ice cream for Banksy's pills... never fails

Most Reactions