RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great info! Usko has been in pain for few times and I can tell right away. He is sort of walking low, but on his tip toes, back arched, stiff and locking at me very sad. Horrible to see him in pain.

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Thank you for that information. When Max isn't feeling well (or is in pain) he is clingy, needy & listless.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Thank you, still having the limping of Otis's front leg here so good advice to keep an eye out for. Hard to determine as he is ALWAYS needy, whinney....lol

This. Good timing. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
Thanks for the info, our buff has never really whined, yelped or anything, when she got a skin scrape for a test once she licked my a ton while it was happening thats the only time i ever thought she was in pain, thats what made it hard to understand if her weak back legs and falling was arthritis or not and we couldnt tell if she was in pain, thank goodness we found out its something else and she hasn't been in any pain she just has trouble getting signals to her legs to work sometimes. good to know what to look for if she is in pain though

Figittts

Feb 9, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Annie an gracie
Our Annie drools excessivley when she has tonsilitis. Mostly caused by her acid reflux.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok? Explain please... not making sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Thanks for the information. My maximus sleep under my legs when he is in pain, he looks at me asking attention

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
I have been reading about people's stories of their dogs surgeries and injuries, as well as I've had surgeries, injuries, and accidental ingestion issues with my 2 guys, in the past year. I was looking up pain in animals, and this is some information I found. I found it quite helpful, and thought it may help some people, and thought I'd share the information with you.

It s sometimes hard to know if our animals are in pain, as humans we can open up our mouths and tell someone we are in pain, or to complain, but animals often don't show it or don't make a sound, to let us know they are in pain.

SIGNS YOUR ANIMAL MAY BE IN PAIN:

* unusually quiet, listless, restless, or unresponsive
* whining, whimpering, howling, or constantly meowing
* biting, either itself, or those around it
* constantly licking a part of their body
* demonstrating uncharacteristic behaviour, either overly aggressive, or submissive
* flattening the ears against the head
* having trouble sleeping or eating
* appearing either excessively needy, or seeking more affection than usual
* panting ( added by she's history)

Studies have shown that by helping your pet avoid pain, you may be able to speed up the recovery process, whether from surgery or injury, and because it reduces stress and increases a sense of well- being, pain management may help your pet live longer.

HOW YOU CAN HELP:

If you think your pet is in pain, contact your veterinarian immediately. They will do a complete examination to assess the cause of the pain, and determine the treatment needed.
Very useful post. Thank you.

📰 Latest posts

Members online