Help Needed! White wart/scab like thing

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Rumble has a white scab like thing on the back of his hind leg. It doesn't seem like a scab in that you can pull it off. In fact, it is more like a wart in that aspect. Any ideas as to what this is and if I need to be worried? It doesn't seem to bother him and it is not warm to the touch. There is no fur growing in the area either. Here is the best picture I could get...I know it is blurry.
20130210_185505.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
is the area dry/flaky?

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
is the area dry/flaky?

Just the white thing is dry but not really flaky. By that I mean there is nothing that will come off of it. The rest of his hind leg is fine and not dry or flaky.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just the white thing is dry but not really flaky. By that I mean there is nothing that will come off of it. The rest of his hind leg is fine and not dry or flaky.

:hmm: wonder if it could be a staph infection. Any others like that on him anywhere? Stong dose of antibiotic for a 3 or 3 weeks time will clear it up. If it is a stph infection, it is usually due to a weaken immune system which most times if becasue of allergies.
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:hmm: wonder if it could be a staph infection. Any others like that on him anywhere? Stong dose of antibiotic for a 3 or 3 weeks time will clear it up. If it is a stph infection, it is usually due to a weaken immune system which most times if becasue of allergies.
@Sherry

We looked him over last night and only found this one area. Do you think this is something the vet will need to look at? I want to take care of Rumble but I also do not want to always be running him to the vet!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We looked him over last night and only found this one area. Do you think this is something the vet will need to look at? I want to take care of Rumble but I also do not want to always be running him to the vet!

Is he due for a visit soon? I tagged Sherry, let's see if she agrees...

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps

Don't laugh ,,,,,,,,,,,, it looks like the area that rubs on the ground while he's sitting, I think the hair is just worn off. Sometimes that area will get a callous, like an elbow. Usually in older dogs though

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I had thought of a callous but just thought it was interesting since he is only 4 months old. I will keep an eye on it but hopefully that is all it is!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Don't laugh ,,,,,,,,,,,, it looks like the area that rubs on the ground while he's sitting, I think the hair is just worn off. Sometimes that area will get a callous, like an elbow. Usually in older dogs though
[MENTION=7432]tiffykay06[/MENTION] ^^^ this is why we call on each other a LOT! :D Keep us posted on everything

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.