Help Needed! New breathing issue

GizmosMommy

Nov 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gizmo
Hi everyone! I've been MIA due to school and some health issues that i've been dealing with. Anyway, Gizmo has been doing great and her demadex has been dealing up quite well. But the other day I can home from school and let Giz out of her cage and she started doing this really weird continuous snort that seemed like she wasn't able to breath. It lasted about a minute and when she finally stopped she seemed fine. This happens every time she gets really excited, like when we come home or when we go out somewhere and she sees people. I took her to the vet on friday and he said it was reverse sneezing and gave me some new allergy meds to try. I'm not quite sure if it's truly reverse sneezing because i've never heard it. I'm attaching a short video of her doing this weird thing in hopes that someone might know what is going on. I don't want to be a worry wort, but I also don't want my baby being miserable.

Thanks everyone!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk87PiANPuM

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Sounds like a reverse sneeze. They can sound pretty horrendous but usually not a huge deal. Usually caused by an allergen. U can cover their nostrils causing them to swallow which will usually end the episode.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep reverse sneezing.... perfectly normal

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.