Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: New breathing issue

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default New breathing issue

Hi everyone! I've been MIA due to school and some health issues that i've been dealing with. Anyway, Gizmo has been doing great and her demadex has been dealing up quite well. But the other day I can home from school and let Giz out of her cage and she started doing this really weird continuous snort that seemed like she wasn't able to breath. It lasted about a minute and when she finally stopped she seemed fine. This happens every time she gets really excited, like when we come home or when we go out somewhere and she sees people. I took her to the vet on friday and he said it was reverse sneezing and gave me some new allergy meds to try. I'm not quite sure if it's truly reverse sneezing because i've never heard it. I'm attaching a short video of her doing this weird thing in hopes that someone might know what is going on. I don't want to be a worry wort, but I also don't want my baby being miserable.

Thanks everyone!!

Hi! I'm Gizmo and this is my family: Mommy(Jamey), Daddy(Mike), Skin Siblings(Raegan & Elena), Fur Siblings(Lucy, Jackson, Barley)

Feed Store Operator
    Chicago, IL
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New breathing issue

Sounds like a reverse sneeze. They can sound pretty horrendous but usually not a huge deal. Usually caused by an allergen. U can cover their nostrils causing them to swallow which will usually end the episode.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New breathing issue

Yep reverse sneezing.... perfectly normal
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads