General Question Paper dog litter

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I am picking up Lucy either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday so I have been getting everything ready including the litter box we are going to use tell Lucy has all her shots. I got the paper litter because the regular litter has clay and it can cause a blockage but I was wondering how dangerous it is of they eat any paper litter? I set up the box and Lola ate a couple!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[h=1][/h]
[h=2]
titleYesterdayOriginalFormula.gif
[/h]
yesterdayOriginalAngledLrgPic.jpg

• Made with recycled paper
  • Packaging is recyclable (where facilities exists)
  • Unscented – no fragrance
  • 3x more moisture absorbent than clay*
  • 99.7% dust free
  • Tough on odors
  • Non-toxic (safe if ingested)
  • Designed for low tracking
  • Available in 5 lb., 15 lb., and 30 lb. packages

This is what the website of the kind I bought says to it looks like it may be non toxic!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Depending on the kind of paper, it may or may not be harmful if the dog eats it. Shredded newspaper or any inked paper or paper with certain wood oils can be harmful if a lot of it gets ingested. Recycled paper mill by-products or paper pulp is not harmful.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't think a couple of little pieces will harm or hurt him, he'll just poop it out. If he's going to keep eating the paper, you could line the litter box with pee pads instead. Might be worth a try.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We tried using those at a doggie daycare I worked at.... just a real mess -- maybe do pee-pee pads instead

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We tried that stuff too and it is a mess, but if they eat a little of it, it won't hurt them. We tried it with our pups once and they thought it was puppy food and kept eating it, so I took it out.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola is doing better with it now, she will go over and smell but thats it. Hopefully Lucy will get the hang of it and not eat it! I also got some training spray to spray on it so hopefully she will want to potty on it!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We used the puppy pads when we got Linus.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon was a piece of work!! we tried pee pads - he tried to eat them or his aim just wasn't good... we tried pads in the holder/frame - he would flip it over and/or eat the holder... we tried litter and all he wanted to do was snack on all of it.... in the end it was plain old newspaper until he finally got old enough to hold it.... I think in the end I tried everything I could think of

Before you know it, Lucy will be housebroken - in the mean time, you may have to try a few methods until you find one that works for you... best of luck!!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.