URGENT!!! Idk what's wrong but I'm freaking out :'(

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Please keep us posted. I'm having similar problems with Izzy. If she plays hard she gets a horrible limp on her front left leg :(

Otis has been limping on his front left leg for a couple of months now. Without playing at all. His vet did x-rays, found nothing - put him on glucosemine since 01/14 but it hasnt gotten better. He said he thinks its some cartilage that didnt form and that with excercise and growth maybe it will resolve itself. It scares me every day - I just dont see it getting better, although he did say it could take 6 months or so.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Her vet double booked herself for her to be seen today so at 12:15 she has an appt :( they already have her assistant notified that she may need X-rays, blood work etc she is still sleeping but I'm not pushing her to get up and play especially if she isn't feeling well :( I will let u all know what we find out at the vets!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please let us know....praying for you both.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Her vet double booked herself for her to be seen today so at 12:15 she has an appt :( they already have her assistant notified that she may need X-rays, blood work etc she is still sleeping but I'm not pushing her to get up and play especially if she isn't feeling well :( I will let u all know what we find out at the vets!!!!!

Yes keep us posted. I decide to bring Izzy to the vet today too after reading a few posts here. I will have her checked just to be on the safe side.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
She hurt her back :( her vet seems to think she strained it (like u all said) n prescribed an anti inflammatory for a week if she still favors it after the week she will order X-rays but wouldn't u know it we get there n she's her silly wiggly wanna kiss everyone self lol thank u all 4 ur support n ill keep u guys updated on her progress!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She hurt her back :( her vet seems to think she strained it (like u all said) n prescribed an anti inflammatory for a week if she still favors it after the week she will order X-rays but wouldn't u know it we get there n she's her silly wiggly wanna kiss everyone self lol thank u all 4 ur support n ill keep u guys updated on her progress!!!

Prayers and positive thoughts that she does well on the anti-inflamatory --- it is amazing how they can forget all pain when they see new people/friends

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Porky played hard, probably exhausted maybe a bit sore. Don't panic (like I do), keep her calm & comfy.
please keep us posted let us know how she's doing.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Well she is supposed to be on bed rest but she keeps sneaking into her toy box n grabbing her stuffie n trying to play with it (now I wish we had a crate lol) so I tell her no n put the stuffie back n she goes n grabs her piggy oie lol but it makes me smile that she WANTS to play!!!!!!! The bad news I've been putting off is her vet is a little worried about her conformation she said she is to narrow in the hips n she is concerned that if she doesn't fill out that it could mean she will develop hip dysplasia!!!!!!! :'( which worries me to no end!!!!! Oh n her vet knows all about Fromm :) lol she asked what we feed n I said Fromm n she replied surf n turf or beef frittata :) lol I was so proud of her!!!!!! Now I must go ban the baby to her room she's trashing the piggy!!!!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
hoping Porky has a speedy recovery. good news is that she still wants her toys..lol :D

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
hoping Porky has a speedy recovery. good news is that she still wants her toys..lol :D

She seems to be back 100% today but then again it could be just because of her meds lol she's sleeping on my chest right now because I yelled at her for attacking her toys lol.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just catching up so glad she is feeling better, sounds like you have an awesome vet too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)

I would keep her very quiet for like a week. We had a husky who hurt his back, and it ruptured a disk and he became paralyzed from the waist down and had to be put to sleep. (i still cry about this!) This can happen with the larger breeds. Not to scare you but it does happen. Wishing you all the best and a swift recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Sounds like she is doing fine and will be better in no time. Miss Tallulah had taking some skids off the deck into the snow and ice this winter a few times and hobbled for a few days up and down the stairs, walking very slowly, her body looking pretty sore and tender. A few days of rest and quiet and she is her crazy rambunctious self again. Play is a wonderful sign of the absence of debilitating pain. But a quick check with the vet is always good to rule out anything more serious. I give Miss T a glucosamine condroitin supplement in her food. Doggy massage is also a good idea to keep muscles strong and limber and there are books and videos to learn how. It is also a wonderful bonding time. Miss Tallulah is in ecstasy when she gets a massage. Just trying to do everything I can to keep her muscles strong to support her bones.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Sounds like she is doing fine and will be better in no time. Miss Tallulah had taking some skids off the deck into the snow and ice this winter a few times and hobbled for a few days up and down the stairs, walking very slowly, her body looking pretty sore and tender. A few days of rest and quiet and she is her crazy rambunctious self again. Play is a wonderful sign of the absence of debilitating pain. But a quick check with the vet is always good to rule out anything more serious. I give Miss T a glucosamine condroitin supplement in her food. Doggy massage is also a good idea to keep muscles strong and limber and there are books and videos to learn how. It is also a wonderful bonding time. Miss Tallulah is in ecstasy when she gets a massage. Just trying to do everything I can to keep her muscles strong to support her bones.

What is the brand u give bcuz that's something I most definitely want to start!!! Lol we give porky massages n she grunts n gets all wiggly lol she loves them she's even got her daddy doing it lol!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.