URGENT!!! Idk what's wrong but I'm freaking out :'(

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Yesterday we got a bunch of snow n porky was out side running playing n slipping n sliding very energetic n playful!!!!! Today she's lethargic n won't jump up on the couch or go up that stairs!!!!! Roger picked her up n put her in his recliner n she let out a horrendous yelp I squeezed poked proded pulled n moved every joint in her body she tensed up a bit with her back right leg but no noise or anything!!!!! It's 10 o'clock here so her vet is closed but I'm calling first thing in the am to get her in :( I'm scared it could be her hip this poor girl has gone through enough I pray she doesn't have hip issues :'( n I noticed a cyst on her front right paw that wasn't there yesterday!!!!!!! Her poops r good shes eating drinking normal just not playing or acting like herself :(!!!!!!!! I guess I just need some reassurance!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
You know the 1st source of help & guidance I'm turning to on your behalf is
the greatest Physician, GOD Almighty, immediate prayers going up!

Next thing is to try and be calm (so difficult) but if she's eating & pooping good,
that's a great sign! She may have just overdone it and bruised or sprained her
leg. Best thing is rest & quiet, Brutus started a bad limp on his leg to where he
could hardly walk, I was told to crate him for 4-5 days except for potty time. I
was told NOT to give him meds as it could mask injury also he could overdue from
being medicated. It was hard but after 3 days of confined rest & quiet, he was fine.
Give her a kiss from me and a big 'ole hug for yourself!
:hug2:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Sounds like a description of a strain or a pull to me, she over did it, HOPEFULLY its nothing more. We've been keeping (well TRYING) Hershey low-keyed, due to a strain or maybe ACL (hopefully not that, but he's still limping after 2 weeks of attempting limited play.)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh boy, I hope it's nothing serious and it does sound like she may have over-used her little limbs while playing in the snow yesterday and over strained a muscle. I know you're worried but until you see the vet tomorrow just make sure she's resting and not overly active this evening. Hoping for the best news from the vet tomorrow.:pray:

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I didn't see it but roger said when she ran towards the house yesterday she did almost a split n burn out he laughed not even thinking she could have hurt herself :( I'm hoping its nothing big but I want her vet to see her not one of the other vets at the practice so as long as she's eating n drinking ok I may wait till Tuesday if her vet can't see her tomorrow :( she ran up the stairs right after I wrote this so idk thank u guys I feel a little better but still worried about my girl :(

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Awe! Hope its nothing serious. I have to tell you though Ruckus had similar symptoms not long ago. He was acting fine eating drinking and somewhat playful with Lola. I would never have thought anything was wrong until bed time. He slowly went up the stairs, but wouldn't jump up on the bed. He'd do the running start he always does, then come to a stop and just sit there. I think he just strained something because he was fine when he woke up the next day.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Please keep us posted. I'm having similar problems with Izzy. If she plays hard she gets a horrible limp on her front left leg :(

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
These things are sooo worrisome! I had the same thing happen to Angus yesterday. We were playing our usual game of soccer and the silly dog ran into the goal post! He yelped and limped and my heart about dropped to my toes. I felt around his leg and he did not yelp even when I pressed deeply but he was still limping so we put him in the crate with the door closed to rest up... We opened the door at dinner time and he bomb rushed me trying to rush to the kitchen where his food bowl is. He was fine...

But yeah, Angus sends his love to Porkchop and wishes him well.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
It sounds like she just sprained or pulled a muscle, probably when she slipped on the snow. Dozer wiggled and fell out of my arms, the second day we had him home when he was a puppy, and he fell on the grass. He yelped so loud, I was bawling my eyes out, at the sound he was making, and at the thought I had dropped my baby. My neighbour ran outside and she was crying too. We took him to,the vets in the morning and had him checked out, and an X-ray done, he hadn't broken anything, but bruised his foot and the top of his paw. He wouldn't walk on it. He got pain meds for 4 days, and then he limped on it for a few more days, and then he was fine. It's probably just a muscle strain, and will be better by the morning, but if she still seems to be favoring her leg, then a visit to the vet would be a good idea. Hoping its nothing serious, and she is okay. Sending hugs and prayers for you and Daisy. Keep us posted on how she's doing, and what the vet says.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
While I still encourage you to speak with your vet to be safe, it is entirely possible she's just sore! If she was a lot more active than she is, or has been for a while, doggie muscles get sore after a workout just like human muscles. My Winston did this to us on New Years Day. He had so much fun watching the fireworks, chasing after them and leaping and barking!

But the next day I felt like such a bad Mama! He barely moved, he limped, and I had to carry him up and down the stairs all morning. I was ready to pack him off to the vet, but by evening he was doing the stairs on his own. He was so much better the day after that, and by the third day it was like it never even happened.

I do hope Ms. Porky feels better soon. :)

Apr 19, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho and Lola
I hope all the best for a speedy and healthy outcome. I had the something similar happen to Lola; she was running down the stairs and slid on the last step. She wasn't putting any weight on it for a couple of days but we did limit her activity with her brother. After the 2 days she was back to normal. I think the reason I didn't panic was I knew what the culprit was and decided to keep any eye on her.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360583302.670848.jpg
She got on the couch herself ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360583380.971136.jpg
N decided we needed to cuddle I think u guys r all right n she prolly is just sore I rechecked everything b4 she came downstairs n she didn't react to anything she came down the stairs on her own went out to potty then jumped up on the couch waiting for me (its a morning ritual that we snuggle) I'm going to keep her quiet today and make her an appointment for her interdigital cyst for tomorrow. That way if she's still not acting right I have an appointment but she's her normal "it's all about me do as I say human" self right now lol!!!!!! Her vet is very good (not a certified bulldog expert but owns a frenchy n english bully) but if she thinks its something she needs to be seen for immediately she will double book herself to see her!!!!!! Thank you all n I will post an update after I talk to the vet!!!!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
This reminds me of my cat Mika. Turns out she was so lethargic because she had some kind of infection with a 105 fever. Not noticing something isn't write with your baby is half the battle!! Keep us posted!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Probably pulled a groin muscle from all that play. Wilson has done this a few times from over exerting himself. I took him to the vet once for it since it wasn't getting better and that's how I found out. He gave him prednisone and he was good as new in a couple of days. His not jumping up on his favorite chair was my sign that he was in pain.

OP
porkysmamma

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Her vet double booked herself for her to be seen today so at 12:15 she has an appt :( they already have her assistant notified that she may need X-rays, blood work etc she is still sleeping but I'm not pushing her to get up and play especially if she isn't feeling well :( I will let u all know what we find out at the vets!!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online