Help Needed! Possible foster ...

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Hi everyone! I was contacted today about a possible foster bully - the owner is surrendering her because they can't keep up with her health. She has skin issues (not so much of a concern) and chronic UTIs. The vet seems to think the UTIs may be allergy related (as well as the skin of course). Has anyone ever heard of this? The current owners have only had her since May so they don't know her whole medical history either. Any insight would be great! THANKS GUYS! I'm super exited since Chunk has been moping since our last foster puppy left!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry I should have titled this better ... Since my question is about UTIs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's gotta be the food, maybe the type of protein, is it chicken in the food?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could totally be the food.... ask about getting a full blood screen allergy test done for her and this way you'll have a list of what to avoid

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
It is chicken [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]! Thank you! Ok so the next question is can I put her in doggie diapers? Just until we get it under control?

I never knew food could cause that kind of a reaction too! Infections like that just didn't link up to allergies in my head. I pray for her that its all that it is. She's only 2.5 years old!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]! I definitely will. Once we have her, I'm sure the rescue will want to do that. This is my first time working with this rescue.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
hope all goes well with the new foster :) can't wait to see pictures!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I love fostering!!! You love them for a little while, make sure they know that not every place they live is bad and then find them a new mommy or daddy to spoil them rotten. Can't wait to see the new little princess. Clayton is going to flip out having two bullies on each side of his chair to feed

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It is chicken @Sherry! Thank you! Ok so the next question is can I put her in doggie diapers? Just until we get it under control?

I never knew food could cause that kind of a reaction too! Infections like that just didn't link up to allergies in my head. I pray for her that its all that it is. She's only 2.5 years old!

As so many of our bullies have chicken allergies then I would get her off that protein as soon as you can. As for the UTI's and doggy diapers ... well doggy diapers can actually cause UTIs unless you know that you can change her immediately it happens. At the rescue we had a bully who had a neurological disorder and we've also had a SB bully in foster. They were encouraged to be without the doggy diaper as much as they could so that they got some "air" to the area!!! :up:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I know some peeps give their bully's a cranberry pill a day to avoid UTI's
I can only imagine the joy and fulfillment of fostering . good job little lady :bravo:

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
As so many of our bullies have chicken allergies then I would get her off that protein as soon as you can. As for the UTI's and doggy diapers ... well doggy diapers can actually cause UTIs unless you know that you can change her immediately it happens. At the rescue we had a bully who had a neurological disorder and we've also had a SB bully in foster. They were encouraged to be without the doggy diaper as much as they could so that they got some "air" to the area!!! :up:

Thanks! My concern is just while I am at work ... They say she love love loves her crate and I don't want her to mess in it and lay in it. :(. I guess I'll see what happens when she gets here!

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I know some peeps give their bully's a cranberry pill a day to avoid UTI's
I can only imagine the joy and fulfillment of fostering . good job little lady :bravo:

Thanks [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]. I might be a foster failure on this one if her description is what they say ... We shall see!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.